file Card idea: Big Crunch

07 Dec 2011 12:40 #17421 by Ankha
Card idea: Big Crunch was created by Ankha
That one is a bitch because of the wording. I spent a lot of time on it, and know it's not perfect but I like the idea.

Name: Big Crunch
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Potence
Cost: 1 blood
[pot] (D) Enter combat with a ready tapped minion controlled by another Methuselah.
[POT] (D) Enter combat with 2 ready tapped minions controlled by another Methuselah. Handle both combats separately (with their own range and press state) and simulteanously (for steps), except that during each pair of strike this vampire must choose in which combat he or she strikes, and each effect affecting this vampire (but not refering to one opponent) in either combat (such as immunity, strength increasing effects, additional strikes sources, or damage prevention) is effective in both combat (when applicable). Younger vampires and allies must burn 2 blood or life to attempt to block this action.

In fact, it would be more simple to include in the rulebook two combats at a time, but for one card only, is it worth it?

Cost: 1 blood
[pot] (D) Enter combat with a ready tapped minion controlled by another Methuselah.
[POT] (D) Enter combat with 2 ready tapped minions controlled by another Methuselah. Younger vampires and allies must burn 2 blood or life to attempt to block this action.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2011 12:51 #17424 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card idea: Big Crunch
1. too complicated
2. very overpowered. Gives opportunity to kill two minions in one action, additionally can't be blocked by jake washington, weenies, etc.

More
07 Dec 2011 12:54 #17426 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card idea: Big Crunch
The idea seem funny, but :
* may need a lot of ruling (what if I silence of death one of the combat ? what if I play Carrion Crow ? And Weather control ? and the damage from Catatonic Fear if the other combat continue ?)
* may not be intuitive (why your vampire that have been catatonic-feared is still in combat with the other vampire and destroying him ? Why the burst of sunloght dodged the other one ? - they are not rule problem, juste counter-intuitive situation)

As a clarification, i would change the superior to "2 ready tapped minions controlled by another unique Methuselah". But, this card will cause a lot of trouble for a situationnal card.

More
07 Dec 2011 13:31 #17433 by Boris The Blade
Something simpler and closer to what already exists in Potence?

[pot] Burn a location.
[POT] Enter combat with a ready tapped minion controlled by another Methuselah. The acting minion gets an optional press during this combat.

More
07 Dec 2011 14:03 #17434 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card idea: Big Crunch
Another way to recreate the "I can take all of you at once !" :

Blood cost : 1
+1 stealth
[pot] Enter combat with a ready minion controlled by another Methuselah. The acting minion gets an optional press during this combat.
[POT] Enter combat with a ready minion. If the opposing minion is not ready after this action, untap this minion, put this card on this minion and you can play it as if it were in your hand. Burn this card at the end of the turn.

More
07 Dec 2011 14:19 #17437 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Big Crunch

The idea seem funny, but :
* may need a lot of ruling (what if I silence of death one of the combat ? what if I play Carrion Crow ? And Weather control ? and the damage from Catatonic Fear if the other combat continue ?)

Maybe.
Just to answer your questions:
- Silence of Death: you get first strike in both combats, the maneuver can be used only in the combat in which you play the card since each combat has its own range
- Carrion Crows: it affects the opponent, so it has effects only in the combat in which you play the card
- Weather Control affects you and your opponent. Resolve it in one of the combats for the opponent, and in either combat for the damage it deals you. (you do not repeat effects, they just apply in both combats; Fists of Death would give you +2 strength in both combat, not +2 strength twice)
- Catatonic Fear ends the combat in which it is played, the other combat continues.

* may not be intuitive (why your vampire that have been catatonic-feared is still in combat with the other vampire and destroying him ? Why the burst of sunloght dodged the other one ? - they are not rule problem, juste counter-intuitive situation)

Indeed, but I had many options with the maneuvers too that doesn't fit in a card text. I prefered to keep as simple as possible (it's already quite complicated)

As a clarification, i would change the superior to "2 ready tapped minions controlled by another unique Methuselah".

I don't think clarification is needed for that point.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds