file Card idea: Oblivion (for the Nagaraja!)

01 Feb 2012 09:11 #22172 by LunaSlave
The Nagaraja only have 3 clan specific cards...which makes sense, I guess, considering how small they are as a clan, but considering how exotic they are I thought they should have something completely crazy and different. Is this TOO crazy and different? ;)

Oblivion
Action :action:
Nagaraja :naga:
2 pool

Put this card on the acting vampire. During your untap phase, put a counter on this card. While this Nagaraja is controlled, you get -X hand size and X additional discard phase actions, only usable to discard cards, where X is the number of counters on this card. If the number of counters on this card is greater than this Nagaraja's capacity, burn this Nagaraja. If your hand size becomes less than one, burn this card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2012 09:18 #22173 by Kraus
Two pool? Hell no! :) It's a cool card though, but I really can't see if worth the pool.

Instead I'd make it at +1 stealth and cost only one pool. That way someone might actually want to play it. As it is it's a wee bit too costly for the effect.

It's wacky alright, but not that wacky. :) Extra discards are fine and all, and there's nothing too special about it.

It's a nice idea.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
01 Feb 2012 09:18 #22174 by Ohlmann
I'm not sure that this is nagaraja flavored. I'm not sure there is actually a reason to play this card.

More
01 Feb 2012 09:33 - 01 Feb 2012 09:54 #22175 by LunaSlave
My other thought is that it shouldn't be an action at all, but rather a master, considering just how much it affects its controlling Methuselah.

On a little Nagaraja, it's a bunch of extra discards at the cost of a depleting hand size and eventually a vampire. On a big enough Nagaraja, it's a ton of discards AND a completely new hand of 7 ala Deal With the Devil. I also thought it had a neat and weird synergy with various cards that have minus hand size drawbacks, one could play it with hand size decreasing cards like Meddling of Semsith and even targeting yourself with a Hand Intervention, or even multiple copies of Oblivion, so it goes off sooner and you get to refill your hand.

As for the flavor, well, this is what inspired me, flavor-wise.

wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Oblivion

the idea was to create a card that represented the Nagaraja connection to entropy, void, nothingness etc - ie Oblivion - and to channel it into a useful but strange effect. I came up with the connection to hand size after considering the ages of the few Nagaraja available - and the number seemed to fit well.
But is it better as a master or action?

You're right, though, 2 pool is too much, and it should be at +1 stealth as an action.

My other thought was that if it was a Master, though, it could do something to offset the scarce costs of Nagaraja a bit as well, in order to make them a bit more playable in number while still keeping in mind Oblivion's drawback. Maybe something like The Path of Tears, and with a little less craziness than my above version, just so the card text isn't too small - and not a path because the Nagaraja don't have a discipline of their own?

This is much more straightforward but what about something like this?

Oblivion
Master: Out of Turn.
:naga: Nagaraja
1 pool
Put this card on a Nagaraja when you move that Nagaraja from your uncontrolled region to your ready region during your influence phase. If you burned 3 or more pool for the scarce penalty for this vampire, you gain 3 pool. You get an additional discard phase action, only usable to discard a card.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2012 09:54 by LunaSlave.

More
01 Feb 2012 09:58 - 01 Feb 2012 09:58 #22176 by Boris The Blade
So the concept is to draw your Conditioning in your discard phase rather than have them in hand when you could play them, and to pray to draw a deflection rather than being able to plan ahead? It would be a nice card to put on an opponent, but on my own vampire? Never.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2012 09:58 by Boris The Blade.

More
01 Feb 2012 10:14 #22177 by Ohlmann
First, the oblivion, especially with very destructive thematic like the original card, is giovanni turf. Nagaraja, as befitting for Euthanatos creation, are not too much in the creating entropy stuff, much more in studying it.

Then, there is the obvious problem that it's an extremely bad card. 7 turn to get a new hand, during which I will suffer from a ridiculously small hand ?

The second card is a big no. Nagaraja are special because they are the only clan that you never, ever play more than one of them. Let them keep this distinction.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds