file Card Idea: Emergency Refinancing

05 Feb 2012 18:36 #22370 by Drain
Name: Emergency Refinancing
Cardype: Master Out-of-Turn
Only playable when you are being bled for 3 or more. Put his card in play. While this card is in play you do not replace it and Master cards cost you an additional pool. Gain 5 pool. Every time you play a Master card put a counter on this card. Burn it when it reaches 5 or more counters.

Game development:
- Provide a defensive master to undermine the prevalence of bleed bounce.

Flavor:
- Emergency financial maneuvering for additional resources with some hefty debt-repayment clauses.

Balance:
- This one goes out for the decks that don't actually deflect bleeds. Thought of as a defensive card for specialized deck types, I had to make sure that Master-heavy decks (typically the most powerful of the non-deflecting decks) could not abuse it, which I think the current text handles quite well.

- The idea for the card came from thinking how a mounting group of "do not replace" clauses could be such an inherently balanced disadvantage for non-event cards. The effect is powerful, yes, but having more than a couple in play at any given time will hamper one's hability to play the game significantly.

- The whole idea also ties-in with the whole master-light deck concept I've talked about previously. This card would be extra useful for a deck that splashes a couple of copies and otherwise doesn't play many master cards.

Competitiveness:
- High. Even if the long-term effects of the card are a wash pool-wise, this can turn an ousting turn into a failed lunge. I implemented the "must be bled for 3+ clause" in the card to ensure that this would not get too out of hand and stall play unduly overmuch.

Drain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 16:13 #22395 by etherial

Game development:
- Provide a defensive master to undermine the prevalence of bleed bounce.

Why do you think this card has anything to do with Bleed Bounce? This is just a more playable version of Extremis Boon.

Non-Camarilla

More
06 Feb 2012 16:29 #22398 by Ohlmann

Why do you think this card has anything to do with Bleed Bounce? This is just a more playable version of Extremis Boon.

You can play this instead of bounce to survive lunge and big bleed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drain

More
06 Feb 2012 16:33 - 06 Feb 2012 16:35 #22399 by Drain
Yes, I might not have expressed myself in the most correct fashion.
It goes like this: more decks that do not pack bounce being playable equates to less prevalence on the part of bleed bounce. Not less prevalent because bounce got weaker in any way but rather because the option to not play it became stronger.

It's part of my continuing crusade to not be the only player at a tournament whose deck doesn't deflect. ;)

Drain
Last edit: 06 Feb 2012 16:35 by Drain.

More
07 Feb 2012 04:09 #22472 by jAvel
Imho, the effect of this card isn't powerful enough to be tempting to play. You pay for a bleed, you pay to remove this card from play... If it had some additional benefit, even minor one, e.g. restrict predator to bleed for the rest of this turn. (only this turn, not while card is in play)

More
07 Feb 2012 06:10 - 07 Feb 2012 06:10 #22481 by Juggernaut1981
Emergency Refinancing
Master
3 pool :pool:
Master: out-of-turn.
You may only play this card when you are being bled for 3 or more. Put this card in play and put 6 counters on this card. You may burn counters from this card to reduce bleeds against you. Burn this card when it has no more counters. As a master phase action, you may burn 1 pool to add 2 counters to this card.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 07 Feb 2012 06:10 by Juggernaut1981.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds