file Card idea: Focus of the Eye

15 Feb 2012 00:14 - 15 Feb 2012 00:36 #23017 by LunaSlave
Something sorta Stutter-Step inspired, but different, for the !Salubri :)

Focus of the Eye
Combat :combat:
1 :blood:

:cel: Strike: Make a melee weapon strike. This strike cannot be dodged.
:val: Strike: Melee weapon strike and dodge. Only usable if both strike: melee weapon strike and strike: dodges could be chosen individually. Only usable at close range. Not usable as an additional strike, and this vampire cannot use any additional strikes this round.
:VAL: As above, and if the opponent's strike was made with a melee weapon, that weapon is destroyed.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2012 00:36 by LunaSlave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2012 04:14 #23041 by Juggernaut1981
HUH???

!Sals have two main combat problems... the same as any primarily melee-combat vampires...

S:CE
and
Maneuvers

I'd have much preferred to see this card provide maneuvers or set range than S:D + Strike.

Focus of the Eye
Combat :combat:
1 blood :blood:
:cel: Maneuver
:val: Only playable on the first round of combat before range is determined. Set range to close and skip the remainder of the determine range step.
:VAL: As :val: above, and the opposing minion must immediately burn 1 blood to use any strike that is not a hand strike or a melee weapon strike.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
15 Feb 2012 18:26 #23218 by Lech
Why ? Should i point you to one !salu! card that deal with both those problems ?

Have you seen deathseeker ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
15 Feb 2012 19:12 #23234 by Juggernaut1981
Lech,
I know of Deathseeker, and it's problem is the restriction... one per round.

More
15 Feb 2012 19:51 #23244 by Dorrinal
LunaSlave: The blood cost alone makes this card wallpaper, and minions with access to :for: and/or Armor of Caine's Fury don't need another way to avoid damage.

Lech/Jugglenuts: Death Seeker's problem is blood cost, not the once-per-round restriction.

:trem:

More
15 Feb 2012 20:57 #23262 by Juggernaut1981
Blood cost to cancel a card is fair. The problem I've generally seen is that any opponent that will maneuver to long, can usually do it more than once. Deathseeker is most useful against Immortal Grapple and S:CE. It's useless against Maneuvers. Setting range to close removes the Maneuvers problem and the quasi-Skin Trap text helps remove the problems cause by decks using many S:CEs.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds