file Card Idea: Ill-gotten Gains

13 Mar 2012 03:32 - 13 Mar 2012 04:00 #25701 by Juggernaut1981
Ill-Gotten Gains
1 blood :blood:
:modifier::combat:
Only usable when a minion will leave the ready region.
Put this card in play with counters equal to the cost of the ally or half the capacity of the vampire which is leaving the ready region. You may burn counters on this card to give an acting minion you control +1 bleed. You may also burn X counters from this card to reduce a bleed against you by X. If there is an Ill-Gotten Gains in play, when you play this card add the counters you could gain from this card to the card already in play.
"Well look guvna, it just fell off the back of the lorry..."

Just realised I'd put in disciplines and then thought later it shouldn't have disciplines.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 13 Mar 2012 04:00 by Juggernaut1981.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2012 04:49 #25705 by direwolf
First of all, I think the card as you stated does too much with few restrictions.

Go one way or the other, bleed or bleed reduction. Personally, I say go with the +bleed option. You want to make combat decks have more ousting power, not more survivability.

Also, If you dunk one minion, and have some +bleed on the table, you are more likely to ruin your prey's day by bleeding them out rather than dunking the rest of their minions.

Some restrictions I recommend:
1) Only usable against a minion controlled by your prey.
2) May be burned as a directed action.
3) Unique.
4) You may only have one in play.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
13 Mar 2012 05:02 #25706 by Klaital
I am personally of the opinion that combat specifically needs more survivability. There is plenty of ways for them to do pool damage already, as most combat clans can already bleed for 3 or more easily.

More
13 Mar 2012 06:19 #25711 by Juggernaut1981
I'd like to have Combat have either the steroids to smash-then-kill... or the ability to dunk 1 of your predator's minions to then protect yourself from any follow-up bleeds.

So, giving it some versatility is deliberate.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
13 Mar 2012 06:39 - 13 Mar 2012 07:10 #25714 by Chaitan
Descent into Darkness + Ill-Gotten Gains = probably too good.

[edit: typo]
Last edit: 13 Mar 2012 07:10 by Chaitan.

More
13 Mar 2012 06:46 #25716 by Klaital

Descent into Darkness + Ill-Gotten Gains = probably a too good.

Yeah should probably be 'Only usable when a minion another methuselah controls leaves the ready region'.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds