file Submission: Counterfeit Artifact

21 Oct 2014 11:20 #66820 by CalibanX
Counterfeit Artifact

Thaumaturgy:
Action

basic: "Pick a unique equipment or weapon in play. That card is contested with this card. This action is at +1 Stealth."

Superior: "As above, but the action is at +3 Stealth."

Game niche: This would be a way to deal with all of the abused artifacts like Heart of Cheating, etc. and would have good synergy with other cards that lock things down or with Smiling Jack, etc. I made it a Thaumaturgy card because Thaumaturgy desperately needs some new cards and I thought it would make a nice companion card to Magic of the Smith.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2014 13:34 - 21 Oct 2014 13:36 #66828 by alasteir
Just a Political Seizure for artifacts. It's interesting. I believe you should add the text of the PS to this card too:

Counterfeit Artifact

:Action:
3 :blood:
:tha: +1 stealth. Choose a unique non-location equipment or weapon in play. this card contests tha location as though it were the same card. when the last copy of that equipment or weapon is yielded, burn this card, and the other card comes into play attached to this vampire instead of being burned.

:THA: As above, but for +3 stealth.

The card should cost something, too: without a cost it would be too unbalaced. Even Magic of the Smith, a similar card, has a cost. Also, you can't just create a place, from zero, and the card needs a limitation range - so I decided to take out locations equipment, even because they do not count as equipments while in play.

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2014 13:36 by alasteir.

More
21 Oct 2014 13:46 - 21 Oct 2014 13:57 #66832 by CalibanX
Thanks for the input!

I'm not sure you should get the real Artifact if you "win" the contest. Since, you're version of the artifact is the fake one. Getting the real Equipment would make this card too powerful I think. It's purpose would be to take a poweful card out of play for X turns while it's being contested. I think that affect is powerful enough on it's own. Winning the contest would be forcing the Methuselah with the real Artifact to give it up. And all the subsequent pool damage for the contest.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2014 13:57 by CalibanX.

More
21 Oct 2014 14:21 #66837 by a-e

Thanks for the input!

I'm not sure you should get the real Artifact if you "win" the contest. Since, you're version of the artifact is the fake one. Getting the real Equipment would make this card too powerful I think. It's purpose would be to take a poweful card out of play for X turns while it's being contested. I think that affect is powerful enough on it's own. Winning the contest would be forcing the Methuselah with the real Artifact to give it up. And all the subsequent pool damage for the contest.

If the purpose is to take unique equipment out of play for X turns then it could be something like this:

Counterfeit Artifact
cost: X blood
+1 stealth action. Unique.
[tha] Put this card in play with X counters and choose unique equipment in play. Chosen equipment is out of play as long as this card is in play. Remove one counter from this card on your untap phase. Burn this card when the last counter is removed.
[THA] As above but at +3 stealth.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
21 Oct 2014 14:29 #66838 by CalibanX
Hmmm... What would be more useful? To take a unique card out of play for X turns or to Contest a unique card? Allowing for the contest would make the card more powerful as the controller of the true artifact would have to pay pool to contest it, but that's a double-edged sword of course as you would have to pay pool to contest it too. I think I'd rather go for the contest since it has a built-in path towards ousting where just taking an artifact out of play would be more like a Sense Dep for unique equipment. I'll rewrite the card better.

More
21 Oct 2014 14:46 #66839 by CalibanX
Counterfeit Artifact

cost: 1 Blood
Unique. Not useable by Allies.

[tha] +1 Stealth Action. Choose a unique, non-location equipment or weapon in play. This card contests that equipment as though it were the same card.

[THA] As above, but for +3 Stealth.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds