file Submission: Larceny (A fixed / playable Cat Burglary for !Gangrel and Assamites)

28 Jan 2019 15:36 - 28 Jan 2019 18:26 #93176 by LivesByProxy
Larceny
+1 stealth Action :action:
:CEL: :obf: (D) Steal 1 pool (for this vampire's controller). If successful, this vampire can burn 1 blood to unlock.
:OBF: :cel: (D) Steal 1 pool (for this vampire's controller). This vampire may immediately play an action modifier card to gain stealth, even if stealth is not yet needed.

Cat Burglary is pretty bad. I like the idea of it though. So what about something like this? Enables City Gangrel and Assamites to pseudo-bleed their prey, while also getting a pool to help their survivability. Is somewhat akin to Kindred Spirits, but because it isn't a bleed action, you can bleed, unlock, steal 1 pool (or steal 1 pool, unlock, bleed.) Is good with The Unnamed, but because it isn't a bleed, keeps him in check, right? :side: Alternate names: Heist? Swindle? Was surprised to find a lack of 'steal 1 pool' actions.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2019 18:26 by LivesByProxy. Reason: spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2019 17:55 #93180 by jblacey
You could make it a straight up trifle with :obf: :cel: and then :OBF: :CEL: with an interesting bonus effect. I would recommend it not being at stealth though, then you could make the card really good at superior and bump it up to 2 pool.

Something like this...

Larceny
:action:
:cel: :obf: (D) action steal 1 pool (for this vampire's controller). If successful, unlock this vampire.
:CEL: :OBF: As above, but 2 pool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2019 18:04 - 28 Jan 2019 18:11 #93181 by Lech

jblacey wrote: You could make it a straight up trifle with :obf: :cel: and then :OBF: :CEL: with an interesting bonus effect. I would recommend it not being at stealth though, then you could make the card really good at superior and bump it up to 2 pool.

Something like this...

Larceny
:action:
:cel: :obf: (D) action steal 1 pool (for this vampire's controller). If successful, unlock this vampire.
:CEL: :OBF: As above, but 2 pool.


Stealing 2 pool is about equal to bleed for 4. It also can't be bounced. I like those clans, but it's bit too op.

What about:

Larceny
:action:
:cel: :obf: (D) action steal 1 pool (for this vampire's controller). If successful, unlock this vampire.
:CEL: :OBF: +2 stealth action. Put this card in play and unlock this vampire, any vampire you control with :cel: :obf: may (D) action steal 1 pool and unlock if successful. Burn this card when the action is successful.

Which is basically (D) enter combat.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2019 18:11 by Lech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2019 18:15 #93184 by jblacey

Lech wrote:

jblacey wrote: You could make it a straight up trifle with :obf: :cel: and then :OBF: :CEL: with an interesting bonus effect. I would recommend it not being at stealth though, then you could make the card really good at superior and bump it up to 2 pool.

Something like this...

Larceny
:action:
:cel: :obf: (D) action steal 1 pool (for this vampire's controller). If successful, unlock this vampire.
:CEL: :OBF: As above, but 2 pool.


Stealing 2 pool is about equal to bleed for 4. It also can't be bounced. I like those clans, but it's bit too op.


Is it?

Would you say it is on par with Conditioning if it is announced with the action or 2 player Parity Shift? Because the way I see it isn't stealth, requires two Superior Disciplines which are not normally associated with high bleed or politics.

I could see an argument for making it cost a blood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2019 18:53 #93185 by Kraus
I for sure would not give a free unlock with this, if at all. Mistress Fanchon first stealing 2 pool and then bleeding for 8? Nope, nope.

This seems like it was thought of as a midcap or horde tool. They do not need unlocks that much, so it isn't so crucial to give them away. With offensive actions it's a can of worms. It works for tool-up and defensive actions much better.

Jblacey's version should have both 1 :blood: cost as well as 1 :blood: for the unlock. To be fair I enjoyed the op version more. It might be less powerful, but there's a world of difference between stealing 1 and stealing 2 pool.

That sounds so obvious it hurts... :| But stealing 2 pool is a really powerful effect. And no, don't compare it to Parity Shift, since it's a whole different card with a whole set of different restrictions.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

Facebook @ VtES: Joensuu
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2019 18:54 #93186 by Lech

jblacey wrote:

Lech wrote:

jblacey wrote: You could make it a straight up trifle with :obf: :cel: and then :OBF: :CEL: with an interesting bonus effect. I would recommend it not being at stealth though, then you could make the card really good at superior and bump it up to 2 pool.

Something like this...

Larceny
:action:
:cel: :obf: (D) action steal 1 pool (for this vampire's controller). If successful, unlock this vampire.
:CEL: :OBF: As above, but 2 pool.


Stealing 2 pool is about equal to bleed for 4. It also can't be bounced. I like those clans, but it's bit too op.


Is it?

Would you say it is on par with Conditioning if it is announced with the action or 2 player Parity Shift? Because the way I see it isn't stealth, requires two Superior Disciplines which are not normally associated with high bleed or politics.

I could see an argument for making it cost a blood.


Not only you can bleed afterwards, but also it can't be bounced. Let's see, what disciplines unnamed have?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum