file thoughts on the usage of keywords in Vtes.

18 Sep 2012 00:29 #37086 by self biased
i was talking to a good friend of mine and fellow games enthusiast the other day and he was thumbing through some crypts i was working on as he's vaguely familiar with the rules. He did ask me an interesting question though:

"Why aren't the keywords in bold on these cards like their sect and title? This one says it's 'infernal,' but only says it at the end of the card. What's that do again?"

"uh, you have to pay one pool to untap an infernal minion."

"wow. What about this one: Scarce?"

"costs three pool per vampire of that clan already in play when it hits the ready region"

"That seems like it would be a big deal. When does this Jaroslav guy get +1 intercept?"

"all the time."

"huh. you'd think they'd call more attention to it. same with these other dudes that are +1 and +2 bleed. why do they bold Red List, Black Hand and not Scarce and Infernal?"

"STOP ASKING SO MANY GOOD QUESTIONS THAT I CAN'T ANSWER!"

so what say y'all? I personally feel that beyond titles, the one-off keywords or other traits of interest (+stealth, +intercept, +bleed, &c.) would be best incorporated in the main line, Bolded along with sect and title.

Discuss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2012 00:38 #37087 by Dorrinal

so what say y'all?

Using italics everywhere makes your posts difficult to read.

:trem:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM, Boris The Blade, Ohlmann

More
18 Sep 2012 00:51 #37091 by self biased

so what say y'all?

would anyone like to actually contribute to the thread and not whinge about font?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
18 Sep 2012 00:56 #37092 by Juggernaut1981
Why: Then most of the vampire's text would be in bold.

Sect and Title have always been bold because those keywords are usually linked (I'm raging on about the problem with one keyword/trait not being linked to the sect but that's another issue).

There are a number of keywords, and to be honest with your new guy, start with the 'mainstream clans' and just let him worry about the Bloodlines guys later. Get used to the main stuff and dabble later in the additional complexities.

Other keywording in VTES should be better done, but its presentation suits me just fine.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
18 Sep 2012 00:59 #37093 by Dorrinal

so what say y'all?

would anyone like to actually contribute to the thread and not whinge about font?

It's a matter of etiquette. Please make your posts as readable as possible - it will help with communication.

:trem:

More
18 Sep 2012 02:29 #37097 by Jeff Kuta
I'd just like to acknowledge that the alternating normal and italic fonts made self biased's post look more like a re-cap of a real conversation. Carry on.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds