file Bloodlines set: Quick Design Team update

28 Jul 2016 10:19 - 28 Jul 2016 10:20 #77587 by Damnans

Significant progress on the new set was made tonight. Library cards for !Salubri !salu! , Blood Brothers :bbro: , and Harbingers :hosk: just about set. Still a bunch of work to be done on library cards for Gargoyles :garg: and Samedi :same: .

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 28 Jul 2016 10:20 by Damnans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2016 11:04 #77589 by Lönkka
Aeons ago, when the game was still being published, we discussed about getting the likeness of the people who had won big tournaments to the cards but nothing came of it.

Now the art direction is in our own hands so I dare suggest that at least all the past EC winners (those who don't yet have their mugs on a card) should start making appearances.

Why not include even the winner of smaller tournaments such as NAC as well. You know, equal opportunuties for the people in the colonies... ;)

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Jul 2016 13:32 #77596 by Zoroh
Outstanding idea. As long as we can squeeze SAC winners over there also . B)

Keep walking...

More
01 Aug 2016 09:22 #77697 by BenPeal

Aeons ago, when the game was still being published, we discussed about getting the likeness of the people who had won big tournaments to the cards but nothing came of it.

Now the art direction is in our own hands so I dare suggest that at least all the past EC winners (those who don't yet have their mugs on a card) should start making appearances.

Why not include even the winner of smaller tournaments such as NAC as well. You know, equal opportunuties for the people in the colonies... ;)

From a design perspective, the tricky part is finding portraits/photos that matches a canon vamp we're working on. You could send me a photo of a given championship winner but I can't at all guarantee that it will fit something we're working on. It's less of an issue as we push into territory where there's more of a need for non-canon vamps (Bloodlines, Sabbat, Laibon).

Heh...we could use a player's portrait for a Samedi, but the only way they'd know it's their portrait is if we told them. ;)

Are there any championship winners who are bald? We could do a whole Blood Brothers circle for them. :cheer:

At any rate, I'm in favor of the idea, and do send us high-res photos of championship winners if you have them or can produce them. Interesting locations/settings help, too. I can't guarantee a match for a card, but hopefully we can find a fit.

Outstanding idea. As long as we can squeeze SAC winners over there also . B)

Bit of an odd, but good, situation with respect to getting the images of South American players on cards. Some of the Brazilian players contracted Christopher Shy to create images of their VtM characters. They spoke with Mr. Shy and got his permission to use those images on VEKN-created cards. If the game were to go back in print, an appropriate artist contract would have to be agreed to so Mr. Shy could collect the payment and royalties he would deserve for the reproduction of this work. At any rate, the Design Team received about a dozen such images and we're including them in VEKN sets when the artwork is a suitable fit for a card we've designed. The first one to be used was for Crow in Anarchs Unbound. There's definitely one we'll use for a card in the Sabbat mini-set (the starter deck project). There's another one that has a third eye and we're currently designing cards for a Bloodlines set...so... ;)

So, yeah, we definitely want to have more acknowledgement of what the South American players have accomplished - both player accomplishments and community accomplishments - in the form of cards. SAC winners would be great, but we already have a stack of free, excellent-quality portraits of Brazilian players we'd like to make use of. That said, if we can get high-res photos of SAC winners, preferably in interesting locations, perhaps we can do something for them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis

More
02 Aug 2016 07:02 #77716 by Lönkka

From a design perspective, the tricky part is finding portraits/photos that matches a canon vamp we're working on. You could send me a photo of a given championship winner but I can't at all guarantee that it will fit something we're working on. It's less of an issue as we push into territory where there's more of a need for non-canon vamps (Bloodlines, Sabbat, Laibon).

Canon vampires indeed. And understandably so.

I don't think the mugshot needs to have to appear on vampire cards, it could be on other card type illustration too.

For example, the new picture in Camarilla Edition's version of Resplendent Protector is the likeness of the old White Wolf sales rep Fred Yelk.

Heh, if you assign Otso's likeness to, say Noora, I'm pretty sure she can achieve whatever needs to be done without any photo reference... :D

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lenny

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
17 Aug 2016 13:25 #77929 by KoRneeshon
Hi,

I can't find any information about the little guy I spotted (attached). Does he come from the upcoming Bloodlines expansion?

Cheers,
KoRni
Attachments:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds