file Design Team and V:TES update

21 Oct 2016 04:59 #78724 by BenPeal
Hey, everyone! Mike Nudd and I had a Skype call the other day with Dhaunae De Vir, brand manager for (Swedish) White Wolf. There's a lot of material to cover, but I'm moving back to the Boston area in a few hours, so I'll keep this short with a promise to get into more details when I get home.

White Wolf is now requiring the V:EKN Design Team to submit expansions for review/edit before we playtest or release them. This is entirely for keeping an eye on the use and representation of their intellectual property. This is a good thing, as it helps us remain close to the source material both in design and in spirit. It also shows White Wolf's continued interest in V:TES.

That said, there is no timetable for a return of the game to print, if at all. There still remain a lot of hurdles. However, White Wolf is actively pursuing these matters. It will be a long process, and we"ll certainly update you as updates arise.

- Ben Peal, V:EKN Design Team Leader
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Brum, Lönkka, Blooded Sand, James Lin, self biased, chrisn101, xXLazarusXx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2016 00:55 #78734 by xXLazarusXx
Do you know if This applies to the upcoming bloodlines set retroactively?

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
:hosk:

More
22 Oct 2016 06:58 #78736 by Damnans

Do you know if This applies to the upcoming bloodlines set retroactively?

Yes. It does.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: xXLazarusXx

More
23 Oct 2016 11:31 - 23 Oct 2016 11:31 #78749 by hardyrange

...with a promise to get into more details when I get home.

Once you are good and settled, Ben, I would appreciate that, of course, especially in the light of my concerns described below.

White Wolf is now requiring the V:EKN Design Team to submit expansions for review/edit before we playtest or release them. This is entirely for keeping an eye on the use and representation of their intellectual property. This is a good thing, as it helps us remain close to the source material both in design and in spirit. It also shows White Wolf's continued interest in V:TES.

I do understand that decision - it is their property, after all. And yes, them not showing any interest would have been worse.

But at this time, the only immediate effect is to introduce a delay in the VEKN publishing new sets, without any visible gain for the community at this time.
As in my area, one of the reasons players state for leaving the game is a lack of new cards, this worries me very much.

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Tradition Compliance Manager
Last edit: 23 Oct 2016 11:31 by hardyrange.

More
24 Oct 2016 06:26 #78755 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Design Team and V:TES update

As in my area, one of the reasons players state for leaving the game is a lack of new cards, this worries me very much.

Yes, this is very bad. I have no problem selling in the game on people, especially during the current general board game hype, but when they learn that they can´t buy their own box-fresh cards they shy away. Very sad.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
24 Oct 2016 07:54 #78756 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Design Team and V:TES update

Yes, this is very bad. I have no problem selling in the game on people, especially during the current general board game hype, but when they learn that they can´t buy their own box-fresh cards they shy away. Very sad.

You're talking about two different things, guys.
hardyrange talks about new sets (in PDF format or better).
Ashur talks about physical, printed cards.

About the former: I don't think it would delay much the set, unless WW takes a long time approving the set. But we don't know yet, as it would be the first time since WW has been rescued by Paradox.
About the latter, as Ben said "there is no timetable for a return of the game to print, if at all. There still remain a lot of hurdles. However, White Wolf is actively pursuing these matters. It will be a long process, and we"ll certainly update you as updates arise."
We do know it's a major hindrance to getting new players, and the VEKN is doing everything possible to make things happen.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds