question-circle Rescue vampire from torpor

06 Mar 2013 06:30 #45737 by AriusZet
Ok, my problem is the torpor rescue.

6.5.3. Rescue a Vampire from Torpor
To have a vampire rescue another vampire from torpor, announce the action (including how the cost will be paid) and tap the acting vampire. If the action is successful, the cost is paid, and the vampire in torpor is moved to the ready region ... This action has a default +1 stealth and is undirected if the acting vampire and the vampire in torpor have the same controller; otherwise it is simply a directed action. A vampire rescued from torpor is no longer wounded.

so this is clear. if i want to rescue a vampire from torpor, from a different matuselah's torpor region, I have to announce the cost.

So CAN I do this:- "Jesus Alcala wants to rescue YOUR vampire from torpor, and YOU pay the 2 blood"
if he is not comfortable with this, he only can block this action with some ready minion? And if he cannot block it, the vampire is rescued, and the cost is paid?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2013 06:37 #45738 by Pascal Bertrand

if i want to rescue a vampire from torpor, from a different matuselah's torpor region, I have to announce the cost.

So CAN I do this:- "Jesus Alcala wants to rescue YOUR vampire from torpor, and YOU pay the 2 blood"

Yes. Well, "wants" isn't really a Vtes term, but "rescues" or "attempts to rescue" are.

if he is not comfortable with this, he only can block this action with some ready minion?

Yes. Other Methuselahs can also block that (D) action with Eagle's Sight or similar effects.

And if he cannot block it, the vampire is rescued, and the cost is paid?

Correct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AriusZet

More
06 Mar 2013 06:39 #45740 by Ankha

so this is clear. if i want to rescue a vampire from torpor, from a different matuselah's torpor region, I have to announce the cost.

Yes, as for any action.

Yes.

if he is not comfortable with this, he only can block this action with some ready minion?

Globally yes (he may also cause your action to fail with cards such as Hide the Heart).

And if he cannot block it, the vampire is rescued, and the cost is paid?

Yes.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: AriusZet

More
06 Mar 2013 06:44 #45742 by AriusZet
My points exactly. Elementary rules. Thank you!

More
06 Mar 2013 15:45 #45788 by Lönkka
1 Play Fame on prey's vampire
2 Torporize Famed vamp with aggrapoke
3 Rescue Famed vamp from torpor and making it pay the cost
4 Repeat 2-3 as many times as you can

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Mar 2013 09:26 #45833 by AriusZet

1 Play Fame on prey's vampire
2 Torporize Famed vamp with aggrapoke
3 Rescue Famed vamp from torpor and making it pay the cost
4 Repeat 2-3 as many times as you can

That's what i was doing with mitru, jesus alcala, spider and scarlet. (heaven uncovered)

now i will do this with enkidu (with his special power / ('monster' untap) / taunt the caged beast / (forced march) / ?heaven uncovered / ?freak drive ... etc...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds