file Ignore aggravated vs treat aggravated as normal

26 Mar 2013 06:57 #46251 by galliard
Hello
If i treat aggravated damage as normal, but also ignore aggravated damage: do i burn blood or not when i receive aggro?

To be more specific i was thinking about Nergal that plays Ignore the Searing Flames during his action, then using Force of Will + Daring the Dawn. Nergal has Concordance on him so he treats aggravated damage as normal
Sorry for a lots of rules questions, but my mind is wicked and i am trying some insane combos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2013 08:09 - 26 Mar 2013 09:19 #46255 by Pascal Bertrand

Hello
If i treat aggravated damage as normal, but also ignore aggravated damage: do i burn blood or not when i receive aggro?

No - you are immune to it.

However, if you treat aggravated damage as normal, and ignore normal damage, you would also burn no blood when normal or aggravated damage would be inflicted on you. [LSJ 20100527]

To be more specific i was thinking about Nergal that plays Ignore the Searing Flames during his action, then using Force of Will + Daring the Dawn. Nergal has Concordance on him so he treats aggravated damage as normal

I wouldn't recommend that.
Well, first, I would recommend quoting cardtexts:

Name: Ignore the Searing Flames
Cardtype: Combat[/colo]
Discipline: Daimoinon/Serpentis
[ser] This vampire treats all aggravated damage from the opposing minion's strike as normal damage. Only usable when the opposing minion inflicts aggravated damage on this vampire.
[dai] Prevent all aggravated damage from the opposing minion's strike.
[DAI] This vampire burns 1 blood to be immune to aggravated damage for the remainder of the round.

Name: Daring the Dawn
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Fortitude
[for] Vampires cannot block this action. The acting vampire takes 2 unpreventable aggravated damage after the action resolves.
[FOR] As above, but the acting vampire takes 1 unpreventable aggravated damage.

Name: Force of Will
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Fortitude
Only usable by a tapped vampire.
[for] (D) Bleed with +1 bleed. After resolution, this vampire takes 2 unpreventable aggravated damage even if the action is blocked.
[FOR] As above, but with +2 bleed, and the acting vampire takes only 1 unpreventable aggravated damage.

Ignore the Searing Flames only affects damage inflicted during combat, not after resolution (Daring the Dawn, Force of Will).

Concordance would work, though (but you would burn blood to heal Force of Will and Daring the Dawn's damage).
Last edit: 26 Mar 2013 09:19 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
26 Mar 2013 08:18 #46256 by galliard
Thank you. I misunderstood round of fight with Metuselah turn.
So Ignore Searing Flame is best used with Dawn Operation.

More
26 Mar 2013 09:21 #46259 by Pascal Bertrand

Thank you. I misunderstood round of fight with Metuselah turn.
So Ignore Searing Flame is best used with Dawn Operation.

I'm not sure what "best" means, when the cards don't interact.
Daring the Dawn is best used with Jua Vema, for instance.

More
26 Mar 2013 09:44 #46261 by galliard
But they do interact. You burn just one blood with ItSF, and are immune to any damage in combat after Dawn Operation. You can do anything to opponent

More
26 Mar 2013 10:16 #46262 by kombainas

But they do interact. You burn just one blood with ItSF, and are immune to any damage in combat after Dawn Operation. You can do anything to opponent

But they do interact. You burn just one blood with ItSF, and are immune to any damage in THAT ROUND after Dawn Operation. You can do anything to opponent

One press, and you risk collecting that very agg damage yourself. Not a major nuisance, but still a risk to have in mind.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds