file Can i play taste of vitae after "combat ends" strike?

30 Mar 2013 13:19 - 30 Mar 2013 13:20 #46401 by AriusZet
Hi Again!

1) Taste of vitae sais at "end of round of combat"
2) If i play a "combat ends" card, but yet still made some damage, can i taste the blood back?

Actual situation:

-Enkidu tries to employ a Raven spy
-Some vampire blocks it (with an intercept, of course)
-strike: Hand strike. Enkidu deals 3 damage.
-BLUR. first additional strike: Enkidu deals 3 damage.
-second additional strike: Form of mist. Combat ends.
-Enkidu plays taste of vitae, gains 6 blood.
-Enkidu burns a blood to continue the action (Employ retainer)
Last edit: 30 Mar 2013 13:20 by AriusZet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2013 13:53 #46404 by kombainas
If the damage is done preceding the strike phase. It should be similar to Majesty, which untaps the minion before the combat ends even though the strike itself ends the combat.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
30 Mar 2013 14:16 #46406 by AaronC

Hi Again!

1) Taste of vitae sais at "end of round of combat"
2) If i play a "combat ends" card, but yet still made some damage, can i taste the blood back?

Yes. Whenever an effect ends combat, there are still windows in which to play effects. Refer to the Complete Rules Reference on this site.

First, look to VI.C.2.a.i. It says, "Strike: Combat Ends. [6.4.5] (go to step E).:

Step E is Round Ends. This is the step during which you play Taste of Vitae according to the text of Taste of Vitae.

More
30 Mar 2013 15:56 #46407 by prunesquallor
A related question - can you taste the damage from Catatonic Fear?

:pre: Strike: combat ends.
:PRE: As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

Also, an additional thing for the original poster - you can play Taste of Vitae even if you did no damage, you just gain 0 blood. Useful if you need to cycle cards.

More
30 Mar 2013 16:04 - 30 Mar 2013 16:24 #46408 by AaronC

No. The damage from Catatonic Fear happens after the Round Ends stage of combat, so it's no longer possible to play Taste of Vitae no blood has been lost yet at the time Taste of Vitae would be played. In fact, the damage doesn't take place during a stage of combat at all - it takes place during a nebulous interstitial time zone that occurs after combat but before anything else.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2013 16:24 by AaronC. Reason: see stricken-through text

More
30 Mar 2013 16:11 #46409 by derjudge

:pre: Strike: combat ends.
:PRE: As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

Also, an additional thing for the original poster - you can play Taste of Vitae even if you did no damage, you just gain 0 blood. Useful if you need to cycle cards.

You can play taste of vitae (if the opposing minion is a vampire), after a catatonic fear but gain no blood from the damage done by CF.
You can play taste of vitae, even if you deal no damage at all, unless the opposing minion is an ally.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds