file Question about Deflection

30 Apr 2013 19:23 - 30 Apr 2013 19:24 #47986 by Sydnelson
Hi, today a player ask me if is legal use deflection or telepathic misdirection to redirect the target of bleed to itself just to cycle hand in head to head game. It's possible?

Ex.: 2 players in a game. Player A, bleed, player B decline to block and play deflection choosing himself as a new target of bleed since there is no more valid targets to choose.

Deflection, Reaction, 1 blood, Dominate
[dom] Only usable when you are being bled, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the controller of the acting minion. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.
[DOM] As above, but do not tap this vampire.

Telepathic Misdirection, Reaction, 1 blood
[aus] +1 intercept.
[AUS] Only usable when a minion is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 30 Apr 2013 19:24 by Sydnelson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2013 19:32 #47987 by Ohlmann

[dom] Only usable when you are being bled, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the controller of the acting minion. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.

[aus] +1 intercept.
[AUS] Only usable when a minion is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.

I have bolded the part that prevent you from redirecting to yourself.

More
30 Apr 2013 19:43 - 30 Apr 2013 19:43 #47988 by Sydnelson

[aus] +1 intercept.

I have bolded the part that prevent you from redirecting to yourself.

Both cards says ANOTHER Methuselah other than the ACTING minion's controller. Not reacting minion controler (who plays the Deflection / Telephatic)

Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 30 Apr 2013 19:43 by Sydnelson.

More
30 Apr 2013 20:03 - 30 Apr 2013 20:05 #47989 by Ohlmann

Both cards says ANOTHER Methuselah other than the ACTING minion's controller. Not reacting minion controler (who plays the Deflection / Telephatic)

You link together two part that should not be linked. There is two conditions :
* redirect to ANOTHER methuselah
* that another methuselah cannot be the one of the acting minion.

If you were right, it would be written :

Choose a Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller

Like it is written on superior Blissful Agony :

Strike: combat ends. Choose a minion controlled by a Methuselah other than the opposing vampire's controller. The opposing vampire enters combat with that minion.

Note that you can choose one of your own vampire with Blissful agony, while you cannot redirect to yourself with Deflection.
Last edit: 30 Apr 2013 20:05 by Ohlmann.

More
30 Apr 2013 22:49 - 30 Apr 2013 22:50 #47993 by Sydnelson
I prety now that is not possible do that, I just don't know how to explain it to player but now I can see.

When card say ANOTHER methulesah it says other than you (and the acting minion controler).

Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 30 Apr 2013 22:50 by Sydnelson.

More
01 May 2013 05:31 - 01 May 2013 05:32 #48001 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Question about Deflection
However, in a game with only 2 players left, you can redirect a bleed to yourself via My Enemy's Enemy, just in order to cycle a card.

That is possible due to a)you being your predator's predator in a 2-player game and b)this card, unlike others, doesn't specify that the new target cannot be an originally targeted player...

My Enemy's Enemy
Type: Reaction
Requires: Auspex
[aus] +1 intercept.
[AUS] Only usable when a minion controlled by your predator is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. The acting minion is now bleeding your predator's predator.

Last edit: 01 May 2013 05:32 by Kiddo.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds