file A very, very, very Fine House

19 Sep 2013 18:56 #54179 by delangen
Hi another rules question.

Situation:

A methuselah's Master phase, Jost Werner is in Torpor with zero blood, He wants to play Secure Haven.

Master: unique location. Haven.
Put this card on a minion you control. This minion cannot be the target of other Methuselahs' actions. Any Methuselah burns an additional pool when playing master cards on (or that target) this minion. Burn this card if this minion enters torpor. A minion may have only one haven.

So it says playable on any minion you control that is ok, but now he is in torpor, does it burn right away? Or only if he enters torpor again?

Thank you kindly

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2013 19:25 #54180 by jhattara
It is burned only if he enters torpor, thus you can play Secure Haven on Jost in torpor and he will keep the haven.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
19 Sep 2013 19:54 #54182 by delangen
Great thanks.

He is pretty safe from diabelrie now, except Vulnerability or Crematorium...any other new cards I need to worry about being able to burn him, until I can get another minion to rescue?

Thanks again

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

More
19 Sep 2013 21:14 - 20 Sep 2013 03:28 #54183 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answer from jhattara.

(Also notice: a Secure haven on an Imbued won't burn when the Imbued enters the incapacited area.. which means an Imbued with a Secure Haven is pretty safe)

Great thanks.

He is pretty safe from diabelrie now, except Vulnerability or Crematorium...any other new cards I need to worry about being able to burn him, until I can get another minion to rescue?

Thanks again

Correct. Also notice you are the only player who could rescue that guy.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2013 03:28 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
20 Sep 2013 02:43 #54185 by a-e

Great thanks.

Thanks again

Society of Leopold, White Nights Massacre, Auto-da-fé, The Eldest Command Undeath and Veles' Hunt are all cards that could be used to burn empty Jost with Secure Haven in torpor.

Also these masters could allow someone to steal your Secured Jost from torpor: Hostile Takeover, Temptation of Greater Power, From a Sinking Ship (if you have 3 pool or less) and Grand Temple of Set (with 7 counters on it).

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
20 Sep 2013 06:21 #54190 by jamesatzephyr

Just to make sure you know... cards such as Arson, Rampage etc. can be used to burn the Secure Haven. Its prohibition on (D) actions protects the minion, not the Secure Haven itself. So someone can burn the location and then diablerize you.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds