file Major Boon / Vendetta

10 Oct 2013 11:46 - 10 Oct 2013 11:48 #55068 by yesferatu
Major Boon
"Put this card in play when another Methuselah would be successfully bled...You burn pool for the bleed instead of the target Methuselah..."

Does burning blood from Major Boon count as having been bled? Did the acting minion successfully bleed you or is the "burn pool" effect a special case?
It doesn't exactly say "you take the bleed for the target Methuselah".
I was curious if it was like the difference between spending blood and burning blood.

I'd like to use this with Vendetta, but I'm not sure it's legal.
Thanks.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2013 11:48 by yesferatu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2013 11:51 #55070 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Major Boon / Vendetta

Major Boon
"Put this card in play when another Methuselah would be successfully bled...You burn pool for the bleed instead of the target Methuselah..."

Does burning blood from Major Boon count as having been bled? Did the acting minion successfully bleed you or is the "burn pool" effect a special case?
It doesn't exactly say "you take the bleed for the target Methuselah".
I was curious if it was like the difference between spending blood and burning blood.

The bleed is successful. The only thing that changes is who burns the pool (you do instead of the target).

You can also play Vendetta.

Name: Vendetta
Cardtype: Reaction
Clan: Brujah antitribu
Only usable when you are successfully bled for more than 2 pool.
Put this card on the acting minion. Brujah antitribu get +1 strength in combat with the minion with this card. Any ready Brujah antitribu may enter combat with this vampire as a (D) action. Burn this card if this minion goes to torpor.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
10 Oct 2013 11:55 #55072 by yesferatu
Replied by yesferatu on topic Re: Major Boon / Vendetta
Excellent.
I thought so, but I was afraid I was being too literal.

More
10 Oct 2013 13:14 #55074 by Malcolm Sprye
Err. I think you could play Vendetta if someone bleeds you for 2 (or more) and someone else plays major boon to burn the pool. I don't think you can play major boon to take someone else's bleed and then play vendetta, since you aren't being bled, you are simply burning pool for someone else being bled.

More
10 Oct 2013 15:07 #55082 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Major Boon / Vendetta

Err. I think you could play Vendetta if someone bleeds you for 2 (or more) and someone else plays major boon to burn the pool. I don't think you can play major boon to take someone else's bleed and then play vendetta, since you aren't being bled, you are simply burning pool for someone else being bled.

Oh I didn't understand that it was the same player that played Major Boon and Vendetta.

So, you're right.
If A bleeds B for 2 or more, C can play Major Boon and B can play Vendetta (but C can't play Vendetta).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
11 Oct 2013 10:50 #55132 by yesferatu
Replied by yesferatu on topic Re: Major Boon / Vendetta
So I can't play Major Boon to takes a bleed for someone and then play Vendetta on the bleeding vampire?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds