file Intercept, Moving blood & Combat doubts

06 Jun 2018 19:31 #87976 by nergalmcl
I've three questions:

1: Vampire X with Raven Spy choose to block Vampire Y who is doing a action with +1 stealth. Can Vampire X choose to play a intercept card from his hand or location isteed of use the Raven Spy intercept?

2: Moving blood with Heidelberg Castle, Germany. Vampire X cap 4 full, Vampire Y cap 5 with 3 blood. Can i move all four bloods from Vampire X to Vampire Y and the rest will go to the bank? or i can just move 2 from the Vampire X?

3: Combat begins: Vampire X (the action minion) play three "Before Range is Chosen" cards without ask and say anything, can Vampire Y play any card to respond before he plays his second before range card? Like a "Turn-Base RPG", you play one, then i play my, then you play yours, i don't have more, now you can play the rest.

I can refrase if necessary. Cards mentioned in spoiler below.
Thank you.

Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2018 19:59 #87977 by self biased
1: Vampire X with Raven Spy choose to block Vampire Y who is doing a action with +1 stealth. Can Vampire X choose to play a intercept card from his hand or location isteed of use the Raven Spy intercept?

no. I believe Raven Spy kicks in As soon as the minion attempts to block.

2: Moving blood with Heidelberg Castle, Germany. Vampire X cap 4 full, Vampire Y cap 5 with 3 blood. Can i move all four bloods from Vampire X to Vampire Y and the rest will go to the bank? or i can just move 2 from the Vampire X?

you can choose the amount of blood. You can, in theory, move 4 blood to vampire Y and have the other two drain off, but I'm not sure when that would be a good idea.

3: Combat begins: Vampire X (the action minion) play three "Before Range is Chosen" cards without ask and say anything, can Vampire Y play any card to respond before he plays his second before range card? Like a "Turn-Base RPG", you play one, then i play my, then you play yours, i don't have more, now you can play the rest.

x has an opportunity to play a card, then y gets an opportunity to play a card. This prpcess repeats until each player passes consecutively. This is often called "The Impulse."

More
06 Jun 2018 20:35 - 06 Jun 2018 20:37 #87978 by narpassword

x has an opportunity to play a card, then y gets an opportunity to play a card. This prpcess repeats until each player passes consecutively. This is often called "The Impulse."

3: Thats wrong. Acting minion can play as many as they please before passing impulse. same works with action mods.

The acting minion receives impulse immediately after any other player plays anything though.

- however this is without going into the awkward 'heres your opportunity to cancel the card, but not handing over impulse to play yours yet'

but for basics - acting can chuck down crows, concealed weapon, drawing out the beast etc in combat before passing to blocking minon.

(and 2 is a good idea to drain extra when you stole a minion to drain =p)
Last edit: 06 Jun 2018 20:37 by narpassword.

More
06 Jun 2018 23:05 #87979 by ReverendRevolver

3: Thats wrong. Acting minion can play as many as they please before passing impulse. same works with action mods.

The acting minion receives impulse immediately after any other player plays anything though.

- however this is without going into the awkward 'heres your opportunity to cancel the card, but not handing over impulse to play yours yet'

but for basics - acting can chuck down crows, concealed weapon, drawing out the beast etc in combat before passing to blocking minon.

(and 2 is a good idea to drain extra when you stole a minion to drain =p)

2. Heidelberg is a spirit marionette deck staple. Ideally you can steal them, take all but one blood, bleed (hopefully play conditioning) then play daring the dawn at basic. So any 1 cap can have 10+ blood moved to them, excess goes to bank.

More
07 Jun 2018 00:02 - 07 Jun 2018 00:12 #87980 by Bloodartist

+intercept from Raven spy is permanent (always on). You cannot play intercept card unless you need it.
Answer is no.

You can move any amount, even more than 'fits' to the target vampire. The rest spills over.
Heidelberg castle is, as mentioned before, a combo with spirit marionette and used in this fashion. You steal a minion and then move his blood to your vampires.

Playing cards is not really defined well in the rulebook. I tried to look for references to this situation from the rulebook but there are none. Word "impulse" does not appear in the rulebook.

However, afaik you can (and should) play the "before range is determined" cards you intend to play all together, before passing impulse. And opponent may then play his "before range is determined" cards in similar fashion. "You play cards, then opponent plays his cards, then you move to next step".

If you pass impulse without playing cards in prerange step and opponent plays none, afaik you move to the next step without you being able to play prerange cards anymore.. (you passed the impulse to play cards in this step). Thus its a good idea to play all the cards you intend to play together before passing impulse. I'm not 100% on this however since its not mentioned in the rulebook. I'm sure a judge will come correct me if I'm wrong..

I'm 100% sure the concept of "responding" does not exist in VTES however (nor in other games like netrunner). Thats pretty much solely the domain of magic the gathering.

You can ofc react by playing for example a damage prevention card if opponent plays a damaging card, but thats not the same as "responding" the way I understand it.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 07 Jun 2018 00:12 by Bloodartist.

More
07 Jun 2018 00:24 - 07 Jun 2018 00:25 #87981 by narpassword

And opponent may then play his "before range is determined" cards in similar fashion. "You play cards, then opponent plays his cards, then you move to next step"..

opponent plays 1, then acting methusela gets impulse back.

1.6.1. General
5. Sequencing. If two or more players want to play a card or effect, the acting Methuselah plays first. At every stage, the acting player always has the opportunity to play the next card or effect. So after playing one effect, she may play another and another. Once she is finished, the opportunity passes to the defending Methuselah (in the cases of directed actions and combat), then to the rest of the Methuselahs in clockwise order from the acting Methuselah. Note that if any Methuselah uses a card or effect, the acting Methuselah again gets the opportunity to play the next effect.

this is important for when a tapped minion plays a wake then wants to flick, but i can insert a psalm of the damned in there first.
Last edit: 07 Jun 2018 00:25 by narpassword.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds