file Looking for 3/4 complete, balanced against each other decks.

18 Jun 2012 11:52 #32225 by MaxO
Bought two boxers of starters a while back, kit bashed to get some starter decks, but it did not work out so well - we were all fairly experienced ccg players, and the decks felt incomplete, and it bugged us. Now looking to acquire some more sophisticated and complete decks. Easy on the clan, but preferably a mix of win-cons.

Based in the UK

Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2012 12:19 - 18 Jun 2012 12:28 #32226 by Boris The Blade
Where are you in the UK? We have a national forum:
www.anarchfreepress.com/vtesuk/index.php
If there is already an existing playgroup near you, it might be easier to get in touch them and see what spare cards they have. Otherwise Hugh/squidalot, our national coordinator/tournament organizer/tournament winner might have some beginner decks ready to go.

Boris from London.
Last edit: 18 Jun 2012 12:28 by Boris The Blade.

More
18 Jun 2012 22:55 - 18 Jun 2012 23:03 #32237 by TorranceCircle
Boris gives great advice.

I'm not sure which preconstructed starters you bought, but a good place to look is Atom Weaver's Deck bashing challenge. many players put together competitive decks based around the same scenario you describe (bashing together starters). Many of these deck lists have comments about what could be added to improve the decks beyond the initial cards from the decks bashed together. look here:

www.thelasombra.com/dbc/dbc.htm

Or you could look at the Tournament Winning Deck Archive, which is also found at the Lasombra's site. look here:

www.thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm

On a side note, what does "win-cons" mean?

Edit: you could also look at Secret Library if you like a specific Vampire or card. It will let you search for decks which include the card you want.

Extrala's Blog also has a deck archetypes section which may help also. extrala.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 18 Jun 2012 23:03 by TorranceCircle.

More
19 Jun 2012 05:11 #32243 by alf
Besides the deck bashing challenge check the deck section at thelasombra.com for
- demo/beginners decks
- the barbed wire project
The latter being mostly jyhad common decks which give a good introduction IMHO and are fairly balanced within each other and the other beginner decks.

I would not recommend the TWDA for introduction.

-alf

<INSERT CLEVER QUOTATION HERE>

More
19 Jun 2012 15:47 #32267 by MaxO
Thanks for the info - I know hugh, he plays at Nottingham which is where I'm based 3/4 of the year. Sadly, I'm now back in Norfolk and with my old playgroup, hence the need for some new decks.

Which decks would you suggest bashing?

More
19 Jun 2012 15:55 #32268 by Pullen
What decks do you have?

As for what to get, the newer starters are better then the older ones, last going back to 3rd. But as always, some starters are just garbage.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds