file The future of the Secret Library?

03 Feb 2019 19:59 #93264 by jaakkon
What is the news of the future of secretlibrary.info at the moment?
This is a bit of a follow-up to this turn the conversation took in an another thread .

Outside Facebook, I've only seen quotations of Jussi Hattara's announcement that he's letting go of the project and the site.
Also, the new cards released in the bundles can't be found in the database.
Has somebody been able to contact Jussi about the continuation of the site?
I've heard that the site would keep running at least until February, are there any other news on that?

I have been using the site for soon to be six years, and I've seen it has been very useful to a good part of our player community.
If we can't find new owners I would love to have suggestions for the best alternative
  • for keeping track of my collection
  • for keeping track of my deck lists (there are too many)
  • preferably with a way to import the data as exported from Secret Library

Also if somebody needs help running and maintaining Secret Library, I wonder if there is something I could do to help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2019 23:01 #93267 by Ke.
I reached out and asked about the possibility of a data export.

But there are issues around privacy; for example all decks are associated with an account / email address. Without that username / email address it's not possible to link the decks etc to a user — without that users permission it's not appropriate to share their address or data.

So your best bet to at least secure the data while the site is still up is to request it as per the below:

You can make a request for your data through this page or by directly contacting the admin Jussi Hattara. Data, including decks and inventories, will be delivered in human readable CSV format to the email address specified in the user account.

More
04 Feb 2019 00:43 #93269 by Cat_in_Exile
Oh no, Secret Library is, along with Amaranth, one of my "go to" websites for VTES. Really hope something can get worked out here.

More
06 Feb 2019 11:09 #93302 by Lönkka
Ankha/Vincent wasn't aware of Jussi's situation some months ago and was informed about it.

I think Ben (?) just last week posted something about Secret Library in Facebook. That BCP is working on it or something, IIRC.

My guess is that BCP is planning to acquire SL and make it even better. They would be the optimal new host, methinks!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel, jaakkon, Cat_in_Exile

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
06 Feb 2019 14:54 #93303 by ScoundrelAtHeart

My guess is that BCP is planning to acquire SL and make it even better. They would be the optimal new host, methinks!

This would be really cool

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
18 Mar 2019 10:11 #94126 by Lönkka
I haven't really paid attention to what has been updated to SL and I was recently puzzled that Anthology cards were in Secret Library...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds