file Your best game start ever?

15 Oct 2012 06:58 #39130 by Ashur
As mentioned in the summary or our weekly league games , Jens had a "pretty decent" start with his Infernal Anson-deck.

What is the best game start you have experienced?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2012 07:52 #39135 by jhattara
With my old Ventrue antitribu deck I've been able to play PB:Montreal and Dreams of the Sphinx on turns 1 and 2 to Influence Lazverinus out on turn 2, proceeding to Govern down to get Quentin and Gustav Mallenhous out on turns 3 and 4.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
15 Oct 2012 07:57 #39136 by jhattara
Another great start that comes to mind wasn't mine but rather I was on the receiving end in the tournament final this happened in. A friend was playing obfuscate computer hacking revolt deck before the neutering of Anarch Revolt. He started the game with Parthenon + Anarch Revolt. On the following 3 turns he played Antediluvian Awakening and 5 more Anarch Revolts. The table collapsed to him in 5 or 6 turns flat.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
15 Oct 2012 09:08 #39139 by Tomas
I´ve had a turn 2 Elimelech who proceeded in turn 3 to succesfully resolve govern the unaligned, Scouting Mission, Reunion Kamut and the Call. That felt pretty good.

More
15 Oct 2012 09:39 #39142 by acbishop
I was the forth player on the table playing Tupdog + Nephandus.
First turn
Powerbase Montreal.
Antonio d'Erlette went out

Second turn
Yamp Court (having an alastor deck as a predator is good ^^)
Magic of the smith with Antonio for catching Heart of Nizchetus.
Use Antonio's cardtext for getting a Nephandus and Montreal for getting a Tupdog and I played Unmasking :)

:vtes:

More
15 Oct 2012 10:12 #39143 by Izaak
I had a pretty decent start in one of the rounds of the NC this year where I played a Nakthortheb Spell of Life deck.

From fourth position, I went
turn 1: Eternals of Sirius on Nakhthor, fish a vampire
turn 2: Eternals of Sirius on Nakthor, fish a vampire
turn 3: Villein Nakthor for 10, Giant's Blood, Play Spell of Life, untap, bleed prey for 1, play Enkil Cog

I went on to complete the spell on turn 7 and trash the table with 5 Inner Circle size-mummies.

The thing is, starts like this feel totally awesome, but are really not all that uncommon. People build their decks with the purpose to do exactly these things. An Alastor deck that can't Zillah out a fast Justicar and/or fails to pass the Alastor vote is useless, while it may look OMG WHAT AN AMAZING START if it actually does what it's designed to do.

What pushes some opening turns into the "this is ridiculous" territory is the whole Giant's crapshoot, but that's because Giant's Blood is broken.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds