file New Blog - Gaming with BS

10 Feb 2016 16:05 #75393 by ReverendRevolver
I dig the reviews, few add ons:
Carfax Abby is the second best hunting ground in the game for a deck with several mid cap vamps, first being Papilion, which can be used with Abby if you run Barons. Both means 3 vamps get blood. Since the Owain anarch decks are probably going to regain popularity (you used to see them once or twice a year awhile ago) blood gain for anarch decks will be easy to come by. Seems solid.
Hackerspace theme feels like "we are siphoning funds and resources via Internet" and the one guy is soldering something. Its been awhile since IT stuff needed soldering or special components made via making it (commodore 64 game cloning setups to get around copyrighted stuff comes to mind from the 80s) but it fits anarch ideals. And is non unique, as mentioned.

Protection racket makes sense to me. Anarch theme is keeping cam off the backs of the masses. Stopping princes, primogen, etc from doing things makes more sense. And since anarch has the punk rock high school kid ideal of "f#$%k the establishment" anything they see related to the oppressors machinations needs stopped, the more proof the more it needs stopped.

I strongly agree with your view on theme and art. Old vtes had a very mid 90s alt/punk/metal feel. Fit well. Society has migrated from this, so anarch are where the vibe fits best, along with brujah and some antitribbu. Also daughters, but you get the idea. I like there being a reason for it being a "thing" again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2016 05:57 #75466 by brettscho
Sorry that this article is late - I spent the weekend at a local gaming convention demoing the game, and passing out business cards to the many people who dropped by to reminisce about the good old days of Jyhad. Don't know yet if anything will come of it, but maybe one or two new embraces will stick around. In the meantime, enjoy my latest article about the Nosferatu Antitribu!

Clans at the Bottom: Nosferatu Antitribu

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal

More
22 Feb 2016 07:44 #75503 by brettscho
I've finally finished my initial demo deck series! Come and check out my demo deck for Clan Tremere.

Demo Deck Series - Clan Tremere

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zombieking

More
24 Feb 2016 21:04 #75531 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic New Blog - Gamging with BS
How about adding to the list on vtesone.wordpress.com and the blog roll on extrala.blogspot.com?

More
24 Feb 2016 21:09 #75532 by brettscho
It would also be nice if VEKN had it's own list of VTES blogs and other sites that didn't just include a bunch of dead links. I mean the link page hasn't existed since the site broke, but before that I did a clean sweep of each and every link for my beginner section - almost all of them either no longer exist, or they haven't been updated in years. The former should be booted, the later should be moved to an "Inactive site" category (in my humble opinion).

The following user(s) said Thank You: 2wayspeaker

More
24 Feb 2016 21:13 #75533 by 2wayspeaker
I really like your blog (and the one from Ralph). The Nosf Anti post has inspired me. I see potential in the DM Enticement card.

More
25 Feb 2016 14:11 #75535 by mjvtes521
Me too. Just built a 90 card deck with 6 of them. I'm looking froward to testing it! Keep up the good work Brett!

More
25 Feb 2016 18:03 #75538 by brettscho
The recent VEKN poll inspired me to write up a short perspective on the future of the game that people might find interesting. I hope you enjoy, and please comment - what do you think about the future? Is a simple reprint (currently the favored option in the poll) really the best for the long term viability and health of our game, or should we be pressing for something more?

Discussing the Furture of VTES

More
26 Feb 2016 15:12 #75545 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic New Blog - Gamging with BS
Last one is good, but I think - wrong.

No offense :)

I'll explain:

Obviously reboot of the game with simplified rules, reduced card pool and two player focus will be much more accesible. But I don't really think that this accesibility will transform into grouth of playerbase.

Why?

Becouse market by now are overcrouded with accesible two-player CCG and any effort to compete with them is totally pointless even if the game really will be much better. And VtES, really, got nothing interesting to provide in two player format.

Deep cardpool, multiplayer dynamics and long history with all sort of oddities are the main props of our game. If we lose them then there'll be nothing left to invite new players too.

More clear rules and, maybe, some 3-players variant will be usefull, obviously cards must be made available again.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, brettscho

More
26 Feb 2016 18:39 #75548 by brettscho
I'm not sure your assessment mirrors the successes of Fantasy Flights LCGs. I'm not saying that any card game will be that successful, but they keep bringing out new games, and they all sell well. They might not stick around forever (see warhammer invasion), but they do extremely well despite the saturation of the market. FFG even just bought L5R, so they expect to be making even more LCGs. Rumor had it that they were interested in a multiplayer WoD LCG with some very familiar mechanics, which I think could have been very interesting.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds