file Origins 2018 Report

21 Jun 2018 05:01 #88325 by ICL
Origins 2018 Report was created by ICL
Somewhere, there is content related to V:TES in here:

iclee.wordpress.com/2018/06/20/origins-2018/

Also played a couple of pickup games with borrowed decks. Made a mess of one of them. More valuable was just playing with some different players in those games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cat_in_Exile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2018 14:27 #88333 by ReverendRevolver
I'm always happy to see non-slave gargoyles played.
But why didn't you try the new kids? I flipped out my Ferox/Obsidian/Erinyi deck as of opening LK cards, switching to Alabastrom/Handsome Dan/Malachai. I think my single fidus became a single Rusticus. (Then force of will army of rats freak drive and stuff became children of stone, forced March, field training a nbn d constant revolution) I mean, I've listed decks with cohesive uses, but I wanted to forever remove the temptation of Ferox deck from the mix.
Just curious.
Also,
Do you write down how tables went down? I can't ever remember which game was which round, unless I get 0 then sweep(which happened Wednesday early tournament) but still, I can't keep stuff in order mentally to retain stuff.
Interesting blog, hopefully you can do Origins again next year.

More
21 Jun 2018 14:40 #88334 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Origins 2018 Report
Holy cow, we had a lot of games together. That NAC Day One game was crazy. I held 5 cards in hand from the moment Martin ousted until the double-bounce AI action. That game was just the right amount of crazy and fun.

It was great playing with you. See you next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DJHedgehog

More
21 Jun 2018 15:26 - 21 Jun 2018 15:58 #88337 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Origins 2018 Report

I'm always happy to see non-slave gargoyles played.
But why didn't you try the new kids?

The Gargoyle deck was a deck I already had built rather than one of the six decks I built specifically for Origins (of the 10-14 I was hoping to build, hardly any pickup games so I didn't really need that many, plus borrowing for pickup games is productive for getting out of my deckbuildthink ruts).

Well, I did modify it so that it wasn't really a Hatchling deck anymore and Specialization made way less sense after what I did to the deck before the tournament. I was explaining to Mark that I built an all Anthology crypt anarch deck and Alabastrom was probably my best minion given all of the random 3-ways I was playing, but I like the original indies - they just desperately need friends, maybe Blood Brothers ...

Also,
Do you write down how tables went down?

Do I take notes? No. This is why I sometimes forget who is seated first.

Jay noted that we hadn't played together in ages when I showed up Tuesday, mentioning playing at Gupta's place in Indy. I still have vague recollections of my predator's game getting blown up after he diablerized thinking Jay would keep him alive and ... didn't. Not that anyone cares, but my deck in that event was "play expensive cards" Kiasyd with Shrouds of Absence and whatever else fit at the time that was expensive. Jay was playing Nos, of course. Predator had P/J ... Ventrue I think, getting his justicar bloodhunted.

What I find hard to remember are all of the funny things that happen in Shadowfist games due to how many more unpredictable card plays happen.
Last edit: 21 Jun 2018 15:58 by ICL.

More
21 Jun 2018 20:40 #88338 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Origins 2018 Report
Ian it was great to meet you and play a couple of games!

"Round 2:

Ian -> Alex (IC stuff?) -> John (Trem stuff?) -> Alexandre (anarch) -> Karel (!Ventrue bleed)"

I was playing ani/aus wall. It did not work out for Ander the IC player. :)

:trem:

More
21 Jun 2018 21:49 #88340 by Pagan
Replied by Pagan on topic Origins 2018 Report

Robert got a VP because David’s game was impaired by Washes and Suddens.

That's the family friendly way of saying what the Suddens and Washes did.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds