All errata pertaining to reprinted cards have been incorporated into the texts of the reprinted cards. Many cards have been reworded to reflect rulings and clarifications.
As the previous revised rulebook did, all cards in the Sabbat War and the rulebook included in Sabbat War preconstructed starters use clearer or less ambiguous terminology:
- Use of "hand damage" meaning the amount of damage inflicted by a hand strike has been eliminated. Now the unambiguous term "strength" is used. "Hand damage" is only used when referring to the type of damage done by a hand strike.
- The term "referendum" is used instead of "political action" or "vote" when referring to the referendum.
Files from Wizards of the Coast indicate that a few cards were misprinted in the Sabbat expansion. These have been corrected:
- Caitlin (Gangrel antitribu). Is a 6 capacity vampire, not a 5.
- Legacy of Pander. Gives each non-titled Pander one vote, not one additional vote. (You can have more than one in play, but doing so will still result in each non-titled Pander having one vote. Similar to being named for more than one Rumors of Gehenna - there is no benefit other than needing more actions to remove the bonus).
There are three misprints in Sabbat War as well. These have been errata'ed to match the Sabbat printing, meaning that these three cards are not changed from their Sabbat versions:
- Creation Rites: The acting vampire can move a blood to the vampire when the Creation Rites action is successful.
- Power Structure: Requires Lasombra.
- Speed of Thought: Has no inherent stealth.
"Do Not Replace Until After Combat" has been replaced with "Do Not Replace Until the End of this Action" for non-combat cards. This change only matters for the times when more than one combat takes place (due to Psyche!, for example):
- Bum's Rush
- Pack Tactics
Several combat cards have been reworded not to be stackable:
- Blood of Acid (one per round).
- Drawing Out the Beast (one per combat).
- Disarm (a vampire can have only one).
- Immortal Grapple (one per round).
- Pulled Fangs (a vampire can have only one).
- Terror Frenzy at superior (one per combat).
Several allies now have strength listed where appropriate (typically when the ally can use potence cards):
- Blood Brother Ambush (strength 2)
- Ghouled Street Thug (strength 1)
- Aggressive Tactics: no longer requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
- Cardinal Sin: Insubordination: is played by the (possibly tapped) Ab/P/C who was just in combat.
- Disarm: cannot be used by a vampire going to torpor.
- Drawing Out the Beast: damage from the superior is done during the press step (and therefore will not occur if the combat is ended prior to the press step).
- Enchant Kindred: the superior action is at +1 stealth.
- Misdirection: taps 1 minion and costs 1 pool.
- Mob Connections: can tap to give a press to a *minion* (not just a vampire) you control.
- Orgy of Blood: no longer requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
- War Party: is playable by a Priscus (and still not playable *on* a Priscus).
CHANGES TO THE RULEBOOK
In addition to many changes for clarity, the rulebook included in Sabbat War preconstructed starter decks contains the following functional changes (both of which are only applicable when combining the cards with cards from earlier sets):
- Contesting Cities: A city can have only one ruler. The titles of prince and archbishop of the same city contest each other, just as two titles of prince or two titles of archbishop of that city would. [6.3.4]
- Elysium: The Arboretum: while not reprinted in the set, the errata begun in the [RTR 10-NOV-1995] and printed in the Sabbat rules sheet has been extended. Only Camarilla vampires can call the referendum to burn the Elysium and, for the same reason, the Elysium can only be tapped to end combat involving two Camarilla vampires. Other minions do not recognize / acknowledge the Elysium. [10.1]
The second printing of Sabbat War corrects a few of the errors, omissions, and typos of the first printing:
- Creation Rites: The missing sentence (see errata above) is added.
- Power Structure: The missing Lasombra clan symbol is added.
- Deflection: The word "now" is inserted before "bleeding".
- Effective Management: The yellow color plate is properly positioned.
- Greta Kircher: "Once each action, " is added to her card text.
- Immortal Grapple: The word "be" is inserted in the second sentence.
- Intimidation: (D) symbols are included in both the normal and superior levels. The word "bleed" is lowercase at the end of the sentence.
- Kindred Spirits: A (D) symbol is inserted.
- Legal Manipulation: Presence icons are inserted into the card text area.
- Media Influence: A (D) symbol is inserted.
- Propaganda: A (D) symbol is inserted.
- Shock Troops: The word "Master." is inserted.
- Trap: The words "each round" are inserted.
- Waste Management Operation: add a line break is inserted after "Master: unique location."