file Cards Idea: Making abominations fun

31 Oct 2011 00:25 - 31 Oct 2011 00:34 #13062 by Charles_Bronson
Abominations are the only "clan" without specific cards. They are a scarce clan,
Protean is their only main discipline, with some of them having obfuscate and potence.

I propose two clan cards, and two abominations per even group, that is plenty enough:

Rage of the Garou
:combat:
Requirement: :abom:
Cost: 1 :blood:
Only usable before range is chosen.
An abomination may play only one [this card] per combat.

This abomination gets +1 strength and a one optional maneuver his combat. He may burn one additional :blood: to gain an additional strike once this combat, only usable to make a hand strike.

comments: The two blood cost make this card special. It is not expensive if you use only the first option, and the second option is for striking hard on someone. Please note: this card is powerful, because abomination is a scarce clan, and very few vampires can use it. There is no burn option for it.

Drawing: An giant lupus form.

=====================

Hunter Transformation
:burn:
:action:
:abom:
Cost: 1 :blood:
+1 Stealth Action. Unique. Do not replace while this card is in play.
Put this card on this acting abomination. Damage from this abomination's hand strike is aggravated. This vampire must enter combat as a (D) action with +1 stealth every turn, unless he/she must hunt.
Burn this card if this abomination is sent to torpor. You may burn this card at your untap phase.

Comments: The do not replace directive is great as a nice drawback for this card, and the mandatory combat "or lose" the card is nice too. The cost is nice.

Remember all abominations have protean, so aggravating strikes are not such powerful as you could think it is. The Unique directive blocks 2-3 minions doing it every turn, the do not replace make its harder to manage it.

Both cards together add for a nice combo, but you need at least 2 blood and one action to use it, and one more to avoid going to torpor from minions strike (assuming it is a hand strike for 1 damage). They add nice new options for mixing this clan with combat decks, and even not combat. Imagine them with ossian...should be fun! :cheer:

Now to the crypt vampire:

comments: We need a crypt vampire, to supplement group 1 and group 3. Could not be too powerful, because the g2 crypt is already complete. So I suggest we fix "pariah", with a advanced version of him.

Pariah :adv:
:abom:
:cap7:
:PRO: :OBF: :pre: :pot:
During your master phase, discard a master card or tap pariah. Pariah cannot take undirected actions other than hunting. He may prevent 1 damage each combat.
:merged: :He may untap once during your minion phase by burning 1 blood.

Comments: He merged, he combos very well with theo bell and of course, the Beast, leatherface of detroit. But he don't have advanced potence or any celerity or animalism at all. It is a fun vampire for a themed deck.

Burning a blood is a nice drawback too.

thanks for reading.
sorry for english mistakes.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 31 Oct 2011 00:34 by Charles_Bronson. Reason: fixing typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2011 16:27 #13090 by Baaliprimogen
I'd love to see some :abom: cards! But I suggest that also Werewolfs might use them...

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds