file V:TES Leagues

30 Dec 2011 14:21 #19590 by Adonai
V:TES Leagues was created by Adonai
Have you played in a V:TES League?

What were the goals of the league?

Were there any special rules?

What did you track, and how long did the league run?

Do you consider the league to have been successful in its goal (whatever that goal was) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2011 15:16 - 30 Dec 2011 15:17 #19596 by Miasmat
Replied by Miasmat on topic Re: V:TES Leagues
I remember the starter league happening in Boston, but I don't recall much of the details of it. Happily, they have kept the old rules available at:
www.darkwindrising.com/vampire/events.asp
Specifically:
2003 www.darkwindrising.com/vampire/starterleague.asp
2005 www.darkwindrising.com/vampire/starterleague2005.asp

I remember there was the Prophecies of Gehenna storyline league too, with special rules each week the screwed with the rules in classic Gehenna fashion.

I want to say that the leagues lasted about 12 weeks, but that could be way off.

Because of the limited card pool from which to build decks, they felt like a longer draft tournament, with a bit of deck-tweaking between rounds. I really liked that it makes you look at crappy cards in a different way - e.g. a .44 Magnum is frickin' awesome, and an Assault Rifle is all the stealth you'll ever need.

It was rough to get people to show up every week to get consistent "league" games in. At the normal weekly play session, we'd mark at least one game "league" then go back to playing normal constructed rules for the rest of the games.

I did have a lot of fun, so we'll call that the goal and success.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2011 15:17 by Miasmat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai

More
04 Jan 2012 03:15 #19849 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: V:TES Leagues
Know of any others?

www.thelasombra.com/leagues.htm

The Battle for Atlanta 2012 is about to start....

More
04 Jan 2012 06:07 #19857 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: V:TES Leagues
There used to be a league in Sydney, called the AP League. I'm not very sure how it was run, I never ran it and because of life/love/family/etc I rarely got the chance to participate.

I'm starting my own Spider League. (Named on a quote from Matt Barnett "We're not here to **** spiders! Let's play some VTES!).

The League Points (LPs) will be simple enough: Round VPs = 1 LP, Round GW = 2 LP, Final VP = 2 LP, Final GW = 3 LP. Split ties with TPs, then Round VPs vs Final VPs, then Round GWs vs Final GWs.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
04 Jan 2012 07:29 - 04 Jan 2012 07:31 #19860 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: V:TES Leagues
For a last few years we have a vtes league in Poland. It last for a whole year and include, usually, over a dozen of tournaments (17 in 2011) with Grand Finale in December. We use standard constructed tournaments rules and slightly modified way of calculating ranking points to determine a winner of a whole leaque.
Main purpose of it is to activate polish players.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2012 07:31 by alek.

More
04 Jan 2012 08:33 #19865 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: V:TES Leagues
I regularly participate in two leagues in two different playgroups in Germany, one in Bochum, the other in Gelsenkirchen. The league rules are based on the VEKN tournament rules and played with regular constructed decks.

I have posted the rules for Bochum league 2011 on my blog. The (very slightly) updated rules for 2012 will be posted later this week. The playgroup in Gelsenkirchen has very similar rules, only differing how regular league attendance is honored.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds