file Strained Vitae Supply vs Loki's Gift

02 Feb 2012 07:04 #22233 by Malachy
Heys!

Does the +1 stealth of Loki's Gift get reduced by SVS? I think it doesn', because Loki's Gift is not a normal hunt action with default +1 stealth so SVS' text doesn't apply to it.

Strained Vitae Supply [DS:U2, FN:PG, Third:PTr]
Cardtype: Master
Master.
Put this card in play. Vampires do not get the normal +1 stealth when hunting. Any Methuselah may use a master phase action to put 1 blood counter on this card from his or her pool. If the number of counters on this card equals or exceeds the number of Methuselahs in the game, burn this card.

Loki's Gift [KoT:C]
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Protean
+1 stealth hunt action.
[pro] Gain 1 blood and this card. This vampire can burn this card and 1 blood to get +1 stealth. A vampire can have only one Loki's Gift.
[PRO] (D) As above, and burn a blood from any vampire. This vampire may burn this card as above, or may burn it during a referendum to gain 2 votes.

NC of Hungary

///

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2012 07:29 #22234 by echiang
I believe the +1 stealth from Loki's Gift would be nullified by the Strained Vitae Supply.

I know there were some older rulings (circa 2002) from LSJ mentioning how Strained Vitae Supply would reduce the stealth from Kyoko's stealth action.

In 2006, LSJ said "Strained Vitae Supply actually overrides the rules about how
much stealth a hunt action has."

Not sure if there are any more current rulings.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
04 Feb 2012 22:14 #22343 by Pascal Bertrand
"Normal hunt" and "usual hunt" modifiers only apply to the hunt action provided by the rulebook.

This (new) ruling reverses the Kyoko vs SVS ruling. I hope, however, it makes things less complpicated.

In this example, Strained Vitae Supply doesn't affect Loki's Gift action's stealth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malachy, henrik

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds