file Black Magic Woman - Tremere Black Hand Tap-Bleed

15 Jan 2011 16:35 #562 by Joscha

Lunge Turns: Tap out minion that is packed to the eyeballs with Oruns, declare a Brutal Influence Bleed & drop an Iron Glare (the usual upper limit for these bleed actions is 13...) and if you're really lucky play Edge of the World to get a bonus 4 pool for the VP, refill the acting vamp and untap them.

And hope your prey doesn't play bounce (or only bleed reduce, sorry for that Juggernaut :laugh: ;) ).

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2011 18:49 #564 by Dorrinal
Okay after the discussion here is the version I plan on trying next, shamelessly inspired by DJ_Assface's example. There is a little more bleed squeezed in there, fewer untap and stealth, and some surprise Burst of Sunlight.

Slight issue with the crypt: I want to replace Keith Moody. Without Deflection or a variety of Dominate cards, I don't think he's the best vampire for the job. Piotr Andreikov was cool, but I was thinking Andrew Stuart. Could someone with experience playing Stuart shed some light on his special? This deck isn't loaded with Thaumaturgy so I don't expect him to be a total nutpunch, and in return, he can bounce and Govern at superior. Other idea: Valois Sang?

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 6 average: 4.5
2x Selena 6 AUS DOM THA !Tremere:3
2x Yasmin the Black 6 AUS THA dom pre !Tremere:3
1x Esoara 5 DOM aus for pot !Tremere:4
1x Frondator 5 AUS dom tha bishop !Tremere:4
1x Janine 4 aus dom tha !Tremere:4
1x Mosfair 4 cel dom tha !Tremere:4
1x Ehrich Weiss 3 dom tha Tremere:3
1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom !Tremere:3
1x Keith Moody 3 DOM !Tremere:4
1x Saiz 3 aus dom !Tremere:3

Library [60 cards]
Action [16]
11x Govern the Unaligned
3x Recure of the Homeland
2x Rutor's Hand

Action Modifier [15]
4x Change of Target
7x Conditioning
4x Mirror Walk

Combat [6]
2x Burst of Sunlight
2x Theft of Vitae
2x Wind Dance

Equipment [1]
1x Gran Madre di Dio, Italy

Master [10]
2x Anarch Troublemaker
1x Coven, The
3x Effective Management
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
2x Remover
1x University Hunting Ground

Reaction [12]
2x Delaying Tactics
2x Eyes of Argus
2x My Enemy's Enemy
2x Telepathic Counter
4x Telepathic Misdirection

:trem:

More
15 Jan 2011 21:28 #567 by Juggernaut1981

Lunge Turns: Tap out minion that is packed to the eyeballs with Oruns, declare a Brutal Influence Bleed & drop an Iron Glare (the usual upper limit for these bleed actions is 13...) and if you're really lucky play Edge of the World to get a bonus 4 pool for the VP, refill the acting vamp and untap them.

And hope your prey doesn't play bounce (or only bleed reduce, sorry for that Juggernaut :laugh: ;) ).

Never said that deck reliably won games, or is even really close to being a proper Tier 2 deck... but damn its fun to declare a 13-bleed on a prey who think they're safe with around 10 pool...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
15 Jan 2011 22:14 #568 by DJ_Assface

Slight issue with the crypt: I want to replace Keith Moody. Without Deflection or a variety of Dominate cards, I don't think he's the best vampire for the job.

"Kool" Keith Moody is perfect for this deck. On ousting turns you open with tap effects to turn your prey's minions horizontal. Later in the turn you test with bleeds. Once you are convinced your prey has no Wakes, then send "Kool" Keith to do the dirty work. If you guessed wrong, then yank him back with Change of Target, or let him get crushed in combat, followed by a Recure, then more bleeds. Once you oust your prey with "Kool" Keith be sure to throw a dick towel on him: (nsfw) www.funnyordie.com/videos/4c5be5d537/kool-keith-dick-towel

Jay Kristoff
V:EKN Prince of Columbus, Ohio USA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
16 Jan 2011 08:31 - 16 Jan 2011 08:51 #575 by Joscha

Never said that deck reliably won games, or is even really close to being a proper Tier 2 deck... but damn its fun to declare a 13-bleed on a prey who think they're safe with around 10 pool...

Yep, no doubt about that. Or playing a Perfect Clarity/Touch of Clarity on the Bleed and watching their face turning pale :laugh: .

Andrew Stuart. Could someone with experience playing Stuart shed some light on his special? This deck isn't loaded with Thaumaturgy so I don't expect him to be a total nutpunch, and in return, he can bounce and Govern at superior.

I play him in a deck really light on Tha, 6 or 7 Magic of the Smith and about 2 Mirror Walks only on 75 cards. There he is really good as the chances are low to trigger his disadvantage. I'm not sure in your deck because you have some tha-cards more and it could be vital to play the Burst in the right moment. You could just give him a try. I actually don't like Esoara, because of being a 5-cap without even tha and just aus. Keith is good, being just a 3-cap. I really like Valois, but I'm mixing Tre/!Tre a lot and don't play Recure of the Homeland. I don't like it if my highest cap vampires cannot play all the cards.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 16 Jan 2011 08:51 by Joscha.

More
16 Jan 2011 18:38 #585 by Dorrinal
Monocle of Clarity: hilarious, or a waste of deck space?

More
16 Jan 2011 18:42 #586 by Joscha
I never found it useful, maybe I'm not clever enough to use it wisely.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
16 Jan 2011 18:45 #587 by Dorrinal
If you know at the beginning of your turn whether your prey has untap, it can help you plan your turn.

More
26 Jan 2011 19:44 #812 by Dorrinal
On JOL I'm kind of getting raped by my prey playing Villein. Any suggestions on making room for Sudden Reversal? Or you think it would be safe to increase the deck size with 2x Wash? Or just ignore the problem?

More
26 Jan 2011 20:06 #813 by bakija

On JOL I'm kind of getting raped by my prey playing Villein. Any suggestions on making room for Sudden Reversal? Or you think it would be safe to increase the deck size with 2x Wash? Or just ignore the problem?

I suspect that adding a couple Wash or SR is in no way going to hurt the flow of the deck. I'd probably go with SR instead of Wash for anti-Villein issues, as folks usually have a lot of Villeins, and Washing one often results in your prey just gleefully playing a second one.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds