29 May 2013 02:23 #49225 by SeLenaY
NYC Qualifier 2013!
New York City
19 May 2013
Standard Constructed

14 players
3R + F

www.vekn.net/index.php/event-calendar/event/7186

Thanks again for everyone who showed up for the tournament. Especially to those who came out of town (Matt, Mike, Jevon, and Ira).

Final Table
Adam Hulse - Tzimisce Vote
Ben Peal - Kysaid Bleed
Sam Ntonme - Eurobrujah
Cory Seigel - Malkavian Princes
Ira Fay - Nosferatu Royalty group 4-5

Adam -> Ben -> Sam -> Cory -> Ira

Adam Hulse's winning deck

Deck Name: Terrifying Politics
Created By: Adam Hulse
Description: New York City Qualifier Tournament Deck Winner 2013

A Tzimisce Vote deck. A nice thing is that when going against them, you never know what you are facing. Bounce? Combat? Bleed?
I knew that i would be seeing some Cam vote decks in there so Private Audience and Fear of Mekket were a must. Purchase Pact barely made the cut but I figured with Radu I should try it. It even works in torpor! And instead of a variety of combat, I went back to good ole' agg + Rotschreck.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 19, Max: 39, Avg: 7.66)
1 Droescher One-Eye ani vic 3 Tzimisce
1 Ilias cel Frumos aus vic 3 Tzimisce
1 Yuri Kerezenski aus for vic ANI5 Tzimisce
3 Radu Bistri ani pre vic AUS DOM8 Tzimisce
3 Velya for ANI AUS PRE VIC9 Tzimisce
3 Terrifisto cel obt ANI AUS FOR VIC10 Tzimisce

Library: (80 cards)
Master (20 cards)
1 Fear of Mekhet
1 Powerbase: Madrid
2 Blood Doll
5 Villein
2 Rotschreck
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
2 Wider View
1 Pentex Subversion
1 Black Forest Base
1 Purchase Pact
1 Powerbase: Montreal
1 Giant`s Blood
1 Vissitude

Action Modifier (17 cards)
5 Changeling
4 Private Audience
5 Mind of the Wilds
3 Voter Captivation

Political Action (15 cards)
1 Neonate Breach
4 Banishment
1 Political Stranglehold
1 Disputed Territory
8 Kine Resources Contested

Reaction (12 cards)
6 Eyes of Argus
6 Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (7 cards)
5 Chiropteran Marauder
2 Breath of the Dragon

Ally (2 cards)
1 Procurer
1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Equipment (3 cards)
2 Living Manse
1 Ivory Bow

Combo (4 cards)
4 Plasmic Form

Below is the final table report from Adam Hulse:

Final Table Report (Adam Hulse)
Hey everyone, first off thanks for a fun time! Some really good games! Here is my report.

First off, my seating choice was tough. I couldn't sit in front of Bleed-zooka Ben, and sitting between the two prince decks (Cory and Ira) would be a bad idea. So it was either sit between Sam and Cory or Ira and Ben, I chose between Ira and Ben, because if I sat as Sam's prey either a) he dies quickly to Ben and then that bleed monster is on me, or b) Ben fails and then I have rush combat on me. I also was able to handle Ira in a previous round (barely) and I don't have to worry about Ben going backwards.

Game starts, every one starts bringing out minions, and right off Sam is in trouble. Having a euro brujah deck and none of the "euro" in the opening crypt (3 theo and 1 volker) put Sam in a terrible place.

Around turn 4 or 5, I Fear of Mekket Ira's Petrodon right off. He had already Villeined and put a preternatural strength on him, so I didn't need that danger on me. His other minion didn't have dominate do I didn't have to worry about bounces then either.

Then something unfortunate happened. Because Ira was severely weakened and Sam was on the way to dying. Ira convinced my cross-table allies that not 1 but 2 parity shifts were a good idea. In my cross table "allies" defense, Sam didn't want to die and needed the pool and Cory wanted the pool in case Sam died (Ira got a little each time).

In the end Ben killed Sam and gained some pool. So now I'm down to like 7ish pool due to the Parity shifts but Ira is down low at 3-4 as well, bringing out a 2nd minion already. He tries to convince Cory to pass ANOTHER parity shift on me, but Cory wasn't having it. So I mentioned that he could steal from Ben and have all the pool and I would vote in favor. Ira went for the deal because he though Cory was going to kill him.*

*An interesting side note: This idea to shift Ben was brought up earlier, and Ben revealed that I wasn't going villein because he was going to sudden it. So I just played my Vissitude master instead (he suddened that). And when Ira made the deal with me (during his untap phase), Ben used his second sudden to sudden Ira's Warsaw Station (spite? cycle? doesn't matter)

Ira got the Parity shift, I then villeined and then killed Ben. Now me being the table threat Ira tried talking to Cory into killing me. But (in my opinion) Cory being one seed below Ira and time running out, he wasn't buying it. (also because Ira had just pulled off a double Villein and had a lot of pool).

Had some problems then, but I knew I just had to play my game. If I killed Ira I win because I was top seed. So that's what I did. I banished his guy and agg torpor-ed diablrized his other one. Ira died. Game went to time and that was the end. Adam 1.5, Cory 1.5, Ben 1, Ira 0, Sam 0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds