file TWD/Report Dork side of the boon Mayence 5 May

30 May 2013 10:53 - 30 May 2013 11:39 #49264 by Menteith
Better late than never (I hope) my tournament report:

Dork Side of the Boon 2013, Mayence, 5 May
2R+F
2,5/1,5 in Final
Sebastian Meurer
www.vekn.net/index.php/event-calendar/event/7152

On 5 May 12 Methuselahs gathered at the Orcish Outpost for a nice and homely 2R+F Sunday Tournament. People were relaxed and everyone, I'm sure, had a very good time.
After some doubts in the weeks before, we actually had enough of a turnout to make it a Mini-Qualifier. The Meta was sligthly strange: Out of 12 Decks, 4 featured Jost Werner; 2 were Blood brothers. There was very little Dominate, but a lot of Auspex.

In first round I didn't have a lot of breathing Space. Sandwiched between Ali's Tor/!Tor Wall as a prey and Felix' Gun-Eurobrujahs as Predator I could do almost no buildup.
Malgorzata spent most of the game in Torpor. However by means of a timely Magic of the Smith I got an Ivory bow, forcing my opposition to move carefully and thus securing my position.
Still when I was finally in a position to push a little, the game was over. Half a point was an acceptable outcome.

Second round was better. My prey, Manuel, was an !Tor undue influence bleeder that was able to go forward, but didn't stop my buildup. Johannes as my predator playing his !Nos bigcaps needed to put most of his attention to stopping his !malk bleeder Predator and thus mostly left me alone as well - apart from a steady supply of deflected bleeds at stealth.
All in all it went well, but I wasn't too fast and thus couldn't stop Manuel from making 2 VPs. By some aggressive grind and a timely Pentex I could then take him out relatively easily in the heads up. 2 Points here.
Thus I had 2 1/2 VPs, which was enough for a comfortable 3rd seed as there had only been one Game win.

The final started with a lough, as three out of four finalists put down Jost Werner as their tokens. Of 12 players there had been 4 Jost Werner Decks, 3 of which made it to the final, with Kai only kept out of it by the flip of a coin.
Final Setup:
Myself (Tre/Tzi Tool) --> Ralf (!Tor bleed w. sticks) --> Rudolf (!Tor feat. Rebekka) --> Thomas (!Malk bleed) --> Ali (Tor/!Tor wall w. bleed)

It was a slow-going final. For a long time the most interesting bits were the rather intricated deflect-patterns, in which some bleeds zigzagged the table.
For myself, I was again prevented from getting through any of my buildup actions, sandwiched as I was between Ali's wall and Ralf's considerable defense (permanent and non permanen alike).
Ralf put some pressure on Rudolf who seemed not to have too strong a start and decided to back-contest Sheila in order to survive. I managed to further weaken
Ralf's defenses by blowing up his perma-defense (Nicholas Chang with Abbot+Mr. Winthrop) by means of a Scourge of the Enochians. So, finally a few minutes before the timeout I managed to take out Ralf, carrying the tournament.

There was some discussion about the question of back-contesting. Did Rudolf give the game to me by doing that? While it certainly tipped the balance in my favour and I see the other side of the argument I still think it was a legitimate choice. If you don't see another way of stopping, or at least reducing the steady bleed that's killing you, it is a justified move to a) probably hurt less by paying for the contest than for the potentially much higher regular bleed b) increase the potential pressure on your predator, forcing him to play more defensively.

Thanks a lot to Rudolf for organizing the tournament and to all other players who contributed to making it a thoroughly enjoyable Tournament.

Deck Name: Les grandes dames des vicissitudes
Created By: Sebastian Meurer, minor changes by Erol who played it on EC Day2
Description: Very good vampires, cheap but effective combat module, good defense. If buildup works rather strong, else the ousting power can be a bit too low.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 29, Max: 44, Avg: 9,41)
1 Dr. Morrow for AUS VIC 5 Tzimisce
1 Duality ani AUS VIC 6 Tzimisce
4 Malgorzata pre AUS DOM THA VIC9 !Tremere
3 Mistress Fanchion AUS CEL DOM OBF THA VIC11 Tremere
3 Sha-Ennu obf tha ANI AUS CHI VIC11 Tzimisce

Library: (90 cards)
Master (22 cards)
1 Channel 10
1 Dark Influences
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Erciyes Fragments, The
1 Fragment of the Book of Nod
1 Giant`s Blood
2 Information Highway
1 Lilith`s Blessing
1 Pentex Subversion
1 Powerbase: Montreal
1 Rack, The
3 Rotschreck
6 Villein

Action (6 cards)
2 Abbot
1 Aranthebes, The Immortal
3 Magic of the Smith

Action Modifier (12 cards)
6 Changeling
1 Conditioning
2 Crocodile`s Tongue
3 Mirror Walk

Political Action (6 cards)
1 Anarchist Uprising
1 Ancient Influence
2 Banishment
1 Political Stranglehold
1 Reins of Power

Reaction (24 cards)
2 Eagle`s Sight
2 Enhanced Senses
6 Eyes of Argus
1 Forced Awakening
3 My Enemy`s Enemy
4 On the Qui Vive
6 Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (13 cards)
1 Amaranth
3 Breath of the Dragon
7 Chiropteran Marauder
2 Rego Motus

Ally (1 cards)
1 Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

Equipment (4 cards)
1 Bowl of Convergence
1 Heart of Nizchetus
1 Ivory Bow
1 Ruins of Ceoris

Event (2 cards)
1 Scourge of the Enochians
1 Uncoiling, The

This deck was last saved at 14:41:32 on 30.05.2013

Sebastian
Last edit: 30 May 2013 11:39 by Menteith.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2013 11:19 #49266 by drnlmza
A deck with 3 Magic of the Smiths and no equipment? I assume the given listing is incomplete.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Menteith

More
30 May 2013 11:40 #49267 by Menteith
Thanks a lot! It's repaired now.

Sebastian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai

More
31 May 2013 08:24 #49286 by Hakuron
Archon data ... B-)

1 -- Sebastian M. -- 0 -- 2,5 -- 1,5 -- 90 -- »Les grandes dames des vicissitudes«

2 -- Rudolf G. -- 1 -- 4,5 -- 0,5 -- 120 -- Tor feat. Rebekka
2 -- Ralf L. -- 0 -- 3,5 -- 0 -- 114 -- !Tor Anarchs with Sticks
2 -- Ali A. -- 0 -- 2 -- 0,5 -- 96 -- Tor/!Tor Wall
2 -- Thomas E. -- 0 -- 2 -- 0,5 -- 72 -- !Malk S&B

6 -- Manuel D. -- 0 -- 2 -- 72
7 -- Jan S. -- 0 -- 1 -- 60
7 -- Felix H. -- 0 -- 1 -- 60
7 -- Ralf W. -- 0 -- 1 -- 60
10 -- Aleksander D. -- 0 -- 0,5 -- 54
11 -- Johannes W. -- 0 -- 0 -- 36
12 -- Kai K. -- 0 -- 0 -- 30

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds