file Samedi rituals and equipment

30 Jan 2015 15:53 #68959 by jamesatzephyr

Venomous Crossbow
1 pool
Weapon.
Strike: 1R, with an optional maneuver each combat, only usable once each round. If bearer has Necromancy or Thanatosis, the damage from this weapon is aggravated.

Erk. Even though it's not a gun, you can add damage with Target Blah, making it still deal a hefty whack of aggravated damage, at range, non-uniquely. For 1 pool, that feels rather too good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2015 16:55 #68961 by chrisn101
Thank you for the feedback.

However I apologise - I was in somewhat of a rush yesterday and was distracted. Anyway, I made two errors:

First, I mashed up the text a bit. It should have said 2R base damage, non-preventable by Fortitude, only usable once per round, with an optional maneuver each round. And Samedi/Harbingers strike for 3R.

The maneuver per round and none-Fortitude prevention in my view made up for it's lack of additional strikes.

Second, I didn't think it through - it shouldn't have said "Gun" because obviously it's a crossbow, so apologies and thank you for pointing this out.

An alternative idea for Samedi/Harbingers is - and already suggested by Ankha, is opposed to extra damage inside combat, if the opposing minion is hit (e.g. not S:CE or dodged), then they get a Pox counter, a la Smallpox Griet .

More
30 Jan 2015 21:45 - 30 Jan 2015 21:46 #68965 by chrisn101
Viperous crossbow
2 pool
:equipment: Weapon.
2R, unpreventable by Fortitude, with an optional maneuver each round. Only usable once per round. Samedi and Harbinger of Skulls inflict an additional damage.

or

Viperous crossbow
2 pool
:equipment: Weapon.
2R, unpreventable by Fortitude, with an optional maneuver each round. Only usable once per round. If used by a Samedi or Harbinger of Skulls and the opposing minion is hit, place a pox counter on the opposing minion: they burn one blood or life during their untap phase. If a Vampire, they may burn the pox counter by either burning an additional blood, or by not untapping.

[Better wording?]
Last edit: 30 Jan 2015 21:46 by chrisn101.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds