file Zip Gun damage if combat ends?

30 Jun 2013 16:02 #50774 by Ashur
a) Do a vampire using a Zip Gun take damage from the Zip Gun if the opposing minion play a Strike: Combat Ends-strike?
b) Where do I find the answer to this question in the rulebook?

Zip Gun
Combat
Before range is determined, put this card on this minion. This card represents an equipment card and doesn't count as a combat card while in play. This equipment is a weapon, gun. Ammo cards cannot be used with this gun. It does 1R damage each strike, with an optional maneuver each combat. Bearer takes 1 damage during strike resolution when striking with this gun, but only once each combat. This card is kept as normal equipment and is not discarded after combat.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2013 16:14 #50775 by Ohlmann
a) Zip gun strike is not resolved, so you don't take damage.
b)

Combat Ends. This effect ends combat immediately. This type of strike is always the first to resolve, even before a strike done with first strike, and it ends combat before other strikes or other strike resolution effects are resolved.

So, since the combat end before the resolution of other strike, they are not resolved.

More
30 Jun 2013 17:31 #50785 by ReverendRevolver

a) Zip gun strike is not resolved, so you don't take damage.
b)

Combat Ends. This effect ends combat immediately. This type of strike is always the first to resolve, even before a strike done with first strike, and it ends combat before other strikes or other strike resolution effects are resolved.

So, since the combat end before the resolution of other strike, they are not resolved.

Its that "during strike resolution" part that makesit not zap the user.

Also, i still dont understand why zip gun doesnt trigger flesh of marble.

More
30 Jun 2013 17:36 #50787 by Ankha

Is that a question? Is that a (wrong) answer?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
30 Jun 2013 19:46 #50792 by jamesatzephyr

In what way do you think it doesn't interact with Flesh of Marble? It's just damage.

The usual bit that used to catch people out was that the side-effect damage to yourself is not considered to be "damage from a strike". Ditto, self-inflicted damage from Burst of Sunlight and similar cards. Important for, say, Leather Jacket. But I can't remember that coming up as a question in years.

More
30 Jun 2013 19:56 #50794 by Ohlmann

The usual bit that used to catch people out was that the side-effect damage to yourself is not considered to be "damage from a strike". Ditto, self-inflicted damage from Burst of Sunlight and similar cards. Important for, say, Leather Jacket. But I can't remember that coming up as a question in years.

Isn't that more that cards like Leather Jacket, Superior Mettle, Leathery Hide, Chaundice, and other I forgot, say opposing strike, and Zip gun is not the opposing strike ?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds