file Zip Gun damage if combat ends?

30 Jun 2013 20:34 #50798 by ReverendRevolver
I could have sworn it was ruled it didnt trigfer FoM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2013 21:54 #50804 by Juggernaut1981
@Reverend:
Oh not only does it trigger it, but I love playing Pro-Zip Guns... You walk into combat, throw down a FoM, then run to long with the Zip Gun and "Oh what a tragedy, I take this one damage from FoM..."

I've been trying to figure out a way to dove-tail it with Masochism and work it into a Gangrel Wall Deck. Then of course, Aid from Bats is probably considered better...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
01 Jul 2013 00:51 #50805 by ReverendRevolver

@Reverend:
Oh not only does it trigger it, but I love playing Pro-Zip Guns... You walk into combat, throw down a FoM, then run to long with the Zip Gun and "Oh what a tragedy, I take this one damage from FoM..."

I've been trying to figure out a way to dove-tail it with Masochism and work it into a Gangrel Wall Deck. Then of course, Aid from Bats is probably considered better...

Masochism is one of my favorite cards, but ive had limited success using it with gangel. Honestly, using zayyat, fakir, and Aksynia with masochism, fom, and weather control was about the best use is found for maso-gangrel. Use crows and thefts, then pay for freak drives and or horrific countenance with rush counters.....

But, slava, iliana, and ingrid would probably appreciate masochism with zip guns to pay for deflections, governs, freak drives, and of course, mind rapes. Stacking enough rush counters on slava to have her mind rape with beast meld, then freak drive/forced march into a horrific countenance bleed would be lots of style points.

I always thought zip gun trigfered fom, but for some reason i thought i read on here it didnt.

I had an Alexis Sorkonin deck where she palyed mass reality then her an a ton of !gangrel used zip guns with fom and celerity. It was funny, albeit blood intensive. Packed lots of tastes in that one....

But i tore it down because i thought it didnt work, despite all logic and card texts making it look like it did.

More
01 Jul 2013 02:00 #50808 by porphyrion
@juggernaut: i thought if a minion used the maneuver from a gun, it also had to strike with that gun, no? so, how could you play form of mist instead of the mandatory zipgun-strike, or did i misread you somehow? -thank you for enlightening me.

i found a section in the rulebook saying:
'If a minion uses the maneuver from a strike card or a weapon, he is effectively choosing his strike as well. As such, he cannot use a second strike card or weapon to maneuver again in the same round.'...

More
01 Jul 2013 02:27 #50809 by Robert Scythe
The FoM he is referring to is Flesh of Marble not Form of Mist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: porphyrion

More
01 Jul 2013 03:04 #50810 by porphyrion

The FoM he is referring to is Flesh of Marble not Form of Mist.

totally misread! my brain still needs to defreeze this morning-

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds