file Framing an Ancient Grudge on burned vampires?

15 May 2014 05:38 #62395 by Ashur
I am very sorry to have to bother you busy people with this question, I hope someone can find the time and charity to answer it sometime in the near future.

Scenario:
1. Player A play Framing an Ancient Grudge on Anson. He is no longer prince.
2. Player B (Ansons controller) plays Golconda Inner Peace on Anson. Anson is removed from game.
3. Player B influences out a new Anson.

Question: Is the new Anson prince?

Also: Is this covered in the rulebook? Or is there a official ruling?

Thanks!

Card text:
Framing an Ancient Grudge
Master
Ventrue antitribu
Master. Choose a prince or primogen, or burn 3 pool to choose a justicar. The chosen vampire loses his or her title.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2014 06:06 - 15 May 2014 06:07 #62397 by jamesatzephyr

1. Player A play Framing an Ancient Grudge on Anson. He is no longer prince.
2. Player B (Ansons controller) plays Golconda Inner Peace on Anson. Anson is removed from game.
3. Player B influences out a new Anson.

Question: Is the new Anson prince?

Yes.

Ancient Grudge applies a one-off effect to that particular card. It does not affect, for example:

- the Prince title held by my Anson who is contesting your (now title-less) Anson
- the Prince title held by my second, not-contesting Anson brought into play temporarily by Illusions of the Kindred

Details of this sort of thing and LSJ rulings and FZD confirmations here: www.vekn.net/forum/6-rules-questions/48302-joseph-pander-and-soulgem-of-etrius
Last edit: 15 May 2014 06:07 by jamesatzephyr.

More
15 May 2014 06:09 - 15 May 2014 06:10 #62398 by Brum
Assuming this works like The Rack, Contracts (that are not placed in a minion) and Incriminating Videotape,

Yes.

Similar cases: groups.google.com/d/topic/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/5sOvdxCRLTw/discussion

EDIT: james beat me to it. :)
Last edit: 15 May 2014 06:10 by Brum.

More
15 May 2014 06:22 #62399 by Brum

Also: Is this covered in the rulebook? Or is there a official ruling?

It is. There's a ruling I cannot find (and ask the Rules people to link) that states that different copies of the same vampire are considered different for all intents and purposes, except for contesting.

In fact, if you burn the first Anson and get him back somehow (via Necromancy, per instance), that copy would still have no title.
Same for Banishment on him.
Right, Rules guys?

More
15 May 2014 06:50 - 15 May 2014 08:48 #62400 by jamesatzephyr

In fact, if you burn the first Anson and get him back somehow (via Necromancy, per instance), that copy would still have no title.
Same for Banishment on him.
Right, Rules guys?

Possession, yes, has a title. A trip through your ash heap, library or crypt wipes the card clean. Cited over here: www.vekn.net/forum/6-rules-questions/48302-joseph-pander-and-soulgem-of-etrius

Banishment, no title. A trip through your uncontrolled region does not wipe a card clean.

vekn.net/card-rulings/card-rulings-a-to-f

Banishment
A Banished vampire will remember all effects that had been applied to him, just as contested vampires do. This includes gained or lost titles, etc. [RTR 20000501]
Note that "for the rest of the game" effects pointing at the Banished vampire (from some other source) will resume if/when the vampire comes back into play (e.g., Contract naming that Assamite). [TOM 19960210]

To skip ahead to the next question: yes, if I banish your title-less Anson and you have both that and a 'clean' copy of Anson in your uncontrolled region, you need to track which one is which. This is often easy, because this one has 5 pool on it and the other one doesn't, so we all see that you bring the same one back out. But if they were both on zero, it might be more tricky - and technically, your uncontrolled region is unordered, so you can switch the cards around. Dropping, say, a scrap of paper into the sleeve or whatever might help, or some equivalent. Or just getting the judge to validate that you have two copies both starting from zero, and you're bringing out the clean one. Of course, for some nice lingering effects, you might want to bring out the Anson who benefits from that.
Last edit: 15 May 2014 08:48 by jamesatzephyr.

More
15 May 2014 07:39 #62401 by Brum

Possession, yes. A trip through your ash heap, library or crypt wipes the card clean. Cited over here: www.vekn.net/forum/6-rules-questions/48302-joseph-pander-and-soulgem-of-etrius

Duh!
Of course, otherwise Turbo decks based on :NEC: or :SER: would be illegal.
And I've used those...

Sorry guys, not enough coffee.
And I'm royally pissed about last night's Euro League Final.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds