7 Matti Palomäki 0 2 72
9 Marko Saari 0 1,5 72
10 Marko Lindroos 0 1 78
11 Jukka Pasanen 0 0,5 66
12 Petrus Makkonen 0 0 48
13 Ben Peal 0 0 36
13 Niina Lindroos 0 0 36
13 Aleksi Nuora 0 0 36

Tuuli played her first tournament ever and won it. Pretty nice start for tournament career :)

Decklist will be posted later.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, BenPeal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2013 14:45 #54960 by Trochomancy
Congrats Tuuli! Awesome entry to tournament scene!

More
08 Oct 2013 15:29 - 08 Oct 2013 15:31 #54969 by Kraus
Here's the TWD! The deck name and description are approved by Tuuli, 'cause she's not registered on the forums. :) Yet at least!

Now I'll need to add her into the player archives as well...

Deck Name: Hmm, a werewolf I can has!
Author: Petrus Makkonen / Tuuli Myllynen
Description:
Francois recruits Ossian the Yoda style, and takes an oust when the rest of the table take their time bickering and arguing amongst themselves. When you're on a [love]boat, the tournaments are won with love, not war!

Crypt (Capacity min=7 max=11 avg=9.17; 12 cards)
===================================================

2x Alexandra 11 dom ANI AUS CEL PRE Toreador:2
1x Anneke 10 dom AUS CEL PRE Toreador:1
2x Anson 8 aus dom CEL PRE Toreador:1
3x François Villon 10 chi obf pot AUS CEL PRE Toreador:2
1x Klaus van der Veken 9 aus obf tha CEL PRE Toreador:2
2x Marcellus 8 pro AUS CEL Toreador:2
1x Tatiana Romanov 7 cel pre AUS Toreador:1

Library (82 cards)
=====================

Master (20 cards)
2x Aching Beauty
1x Art Museum
1x Blood Doll
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Papillon
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
2x Vessel
7x Villein
2x Wash

Action (2 cards)
2x Entrancement

Political Action (13 cards)
1x Ancient Influence
2x Banishment
5x Kine Resources Contested
4x Parity Shift
1x Political Stranglehold

Equipment (2 cards)
2x .44 Magnum

Ally (1 cards)
1x Ossian

Action Modifier (11 cards)
2x Aire of Elation
2x Change of Target
1x Crocodile's Tongue
2x Perfect Paragon
4x Voter Captivation

Reaction (20 cards)
3x Eyes of Argus
3x On the Qui Vive
1x Quicken Sight
3x Second Tradition: Domain
10x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (6 cards)
1x Charismatic Aura
2x Majesty
3x Torrent

Combo (7 cards)
5x Resist Earth's Grasp
2x Scalpel Tongue

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4a. (Oct 8, 2013 20:26:51)

You should've seen the finals. So much fun, especially to watch from the sidelines! Hopefully someone will write something about it. Janne, Paul, Matias?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 08 Oct 2013 15:31 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai

More
08 Oct 2013 18:14 #54994 by Cerion
yes, congratulations of winning, Tuuli..

Baron of Vantaa

More
10 Oct 2013 05:37 #55045 by Lemminkäinen

Hopefully someone will write something about it. Janne, Paul, Matias?

Sure.

I (third seed) played Dmitra and Baali stealth vote deck (Reckless Agitation and Parity Shift with 2nd trad for defense) and was preying on Paul (fourth seed) who had a weenie animalism anarchy deck that could bleed for ludicrous amounts on a lunge. Next was Janne (fifth seed) with weenie celerity stickmen, then Tuuli (second seed) with the Toreador toolbox and finally Lauri (first seed) with a Malgorzata toolbox stealthy vote/bleed deck featuring Tupdogs, Paul Cordwood and Orlando Oriundus.

I brought out Dmitra and Xeper, Paul brought out Stick, Beetleman and Walker Grimes (and played Vessel and Perfectionist on him forgetting his nega trait - well he proceeded to hunt bloat so Walker did pay himself back eventually), Janne brought out a host of celerity weenies, Tuuli had Francois Villon and Lauri had Tupdogs, Malgorzata and Paul Cordwood.

The first few turns everyone slowly built with Janne bleeding a bit (but not tapping out knowing what Paul's deck could do) and me voting a tad and bloating.

Tuuli also recruited Ossian with me promising not to steal him with Xeper for as long as Ossian kept rushing Lauri's minions each turn (as that's what I would've used him for as well, so no use wasting an action stealing the wolf).

I banished Paul Cordwood to get some breathing space and then things got interesting when I brought out Arishat and Lauri got Orlando Oriundus.

I voted Parity Shift on Paul and a gigantic debate ensued since Tuuli's Francois held the deciding votes (Lauri had the edge and maybe a vote card in hand). The most heated debate I have ever seen in VTES ensued. Now, I'm highly to blame here - I was really tired and frustrated because I knew I was right :P

But in all seriousness, my apologies once more for the a bit too spirited a discussion.

OK, everyone else in the table was saying that Tuuli shouldn't let me oust Paul. My argument was that currently Lauri was winning as top seed. Me ousting Paul wouldn't matter to Tuuli's situation since her only chance at winning was ousting Lauri and me having a VP or not at that point wouldn't matter since Tuuli was higher seed than me.

I and Lauri had the votes, so Tuuli couldn't oust Lauri by voting (since neither of us wanted that to happen), so her only chance would be by bleeding. Lauri had five pool but was likely to deflect bleeds to me and Lauri could bleed really hard, so I really needed the pool to keep Lauri from ousting me. If Lauri managed to oust, Tuuli couldn't take him out anymore.

In the end, I convinced Tuuli and she let me oust Paul with the Parity Shift and then with a Reckless Agitation (though she did demand three pool from the Shift which I thought a mistake on her part at the time but which turned out to have been the right decision in light of the later events). Now, there wasn't much time left on the clock at this point and Janne had fifteen pool. He rushed my Arishat to zero blood with Pulled Fangs. Hooray for being Infernal so she was able stay in the ready region... :laugh:

Janne had a camera phone for one minion and bled, which Tuuli bounced to Lauri and Lauri deflected to me. I took it.

On Tuuli's turn, she bled with Francois with Aire for five and Lauri was staring at his cards kinda dumbstruck - he had forgotten that Malgorzata couldn't Murmur Francois' bleed and the Deflection had gone on the cel weenie.

Lauri was ousted. The time was really running out. I tried to backoust Tuuli (she had less pool than Janne and he had a ton of minions bleeding her) but time ran out so we had a new tournament winner. Congrats to Tuuli!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dessu

More
11 Oct 2013 06:26 #55114 by Lönkka
Archon approved.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds