file Combining clans with disciplines that they dont really have

25 Dec 2011 18:53 #19304 by wastaz
While this might be a bad idea, Ive recently thought about building a deck based on 419 operation and all of the serpentis "do something with the edge" cards. It seems to me that it would combo pretty well since my prey can only burn the edge for one card, not all of them.

However, enter the main problem! The osebos doesnt have serpentis!
Even more annoying, they dont actually share much of any discipline with the osebos.
This feels hard at best, impossible at worst.

I considered using the discipline masters and going all osebo crypt, but that just seems wrong...
Then I figured that maybe I can invert it and go for an all-setite crypt and using clan impersonation, but that is so easy to block...although I guess that since the setites has Obfuscate as a clan discipline that would alleviate that a bit at least... But it still doesnt feel right.
Maybe a mixed crypt? But then the deck would be all over the place unless I used only a couple bigcaps, which would limit my number of actions.

Im pretty sure this would not result in a TWD, but it would be interesting for casual games.

And, mainly, how do you solve the problem of wanting to combine two clans with non-matching discipline sets? Can it be done without severly hosing yourself in some way? Am I missing somrthing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2011 19:23 - 25 Dec 2011 19:24 #19307 by echiang
You have a few options:

Setites have a good Group 4/5 selection with :pot:/:POT:, so you could emphasize :POT: as the shared discipline. Use Touch of Pain (plus Crocodile Temple and Shemti) as bleed defense and the little bit of :AUS: for bounce.

You could rely on the Laibon angle, since Zhenga and Bupe are both Laibon.

You could rely on weenie Osebo (or Bambas). Bamba and 419 Operation are inherently at +1 stealth, so you only need a light sprinkling of Cloaks and Veils from the Obfuscating Setites to get the actions through. Plus, with a weenie emphasis, you could effectively get "free Freak Drives" by Tempting your own small guys. Bamba can't hunt its first turn and normally has to spend the second turn hunting. If you play a Temptation on him, he can untap during that second turn and immediately play a 419.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 25 Dec 2011 19:24 by echiang.

More
25 Dec 2011 20:18 - 25 Dec 2011 20:26 #19309 by Adonai
I wouldn't do it, myself, but Norman Brown did. His idea was to match up Khalu with Nadima.

For One Night

Nikolaj Wendt would do it with Allonzo Montoya and Osebo.

419 Snakes

The Book of Going Forth by Night is another option espoused by PapaSmurf.

Nigerian Corruption

Pullen recommends Bamba to ensure you get the disciplines you want.

FoC 419

There are 23 decks featuring 419 Operation, here:

games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/msearch?query=419
Last edit: 25 Dec 2011 20:26 by Adonai.

More
26 Dec 2011 10:57 #19343 by porphyrion
mata hari + infernal pact.

More
26 Dec 2011 14:14 #19348 by Jeff Kuta
Lilith's Blessing + Villein + discipline cards.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds