file Hukros

24 Mar 2012 04:22 - 24 Mar 2012 04:25 #26519 by TorranceCircle
Hukros was created by TorranceCircle
I've always thought Hukros' special was interesting, but with his discipline spread I can't figure out what to do with this vampire. I could be missing something obvious but I don't know what. What do you think of this vampire? Does anyone have any ideas how to use him effectively? Or is it a waste of time?
(also, I like the art for this card.)

Hukros [Third:V]

Cardtype:

Vampire
Clan: Gangrel antitribu
Group: 4

Capacity: 10
Discipline:

abo cel ANI OBF PRO VIC

Sabbat: During your untap phase, you may move a card from your hand to Hukros face down. You may look at the card at any time. Hukros may play that card as if from your hand.

Artist:

Abrar Ajmal
Last edit: 24 Mar 2012 04:25 by TorranceCircle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2012 05:19 #26522 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Hukros
That's a tough nut to crack. Very expensive, no title for passive board influence, no immediately obvious bleed and multi-act.

Granted he does have OBF, VIC, and abo for bleed boost (albeit OBF takes two actions). ANI gives Deep Song bleed/rush flex. And his multi-act is sect available. But for most players these are not enough to run him because of his expense, thus suboptimal.

However he has stealth and delivery tricks galore.

The best I can currently think of is Dual Form and have 2 stores for bleed boost lunge and/or delivery tricks. Spying Mission and Zillah's Tears can be played and stored already atop, so store Changelings, Form of Mist, etc.?

... and then you get back to asking why you paid 10 pool for all that.

More
24 Mar 2012 08:39 #26523 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Hukros
Hukros is a freaking combat monster who has, essentially, zero prevent. Pay 10 pool for no prevent? Pay 10 pool for S+B? He sucks.

His special is really good! It's a free Elder Library every turn. A shame that he sucks so bad.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
24 Mar 2012 09:30 #26526 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Hukros

Hukros is a freaking combat monster who has, essentially, zero prevent. Pay 10 pool for no prevent? Pay 10 pool for S+B? He sucks.

Maybe using Inner Focus + Horrid form + Trap ? While usually too complex and too card-intensive to work, his special is here to help with that. It may not be enough, tough. Especially since it is a 10 cap.

Also, if you want to use obfuscate / vissicitude, you have three vampires which have in common having auspex and being affected by the path of metamorphosis. Cycsek already have a buit in +1 stealth, and Lady Zara cost 2 less pool while being black hand (seraph even IIRC).

More
24 Mar 2012 09:44 #26527 by jozxyqk
Replied by jozxyqk on topic Re: Hukros
The "best" thing I ever did with Hukros was a deck that extensively used Disguised Weapons and Pack Alphas. He could hold on to them until I had an appropriate item in my hand for him to "whip out" in combat.

He also makes all of your cards into Burn Option. If someone has already played Giant's Blood, you can plop yours down on him during the untap phase as a free discard.

He still sucks. Horribly.

More
24 Mar 2012 14:06 #26534 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Hukros
Well he has some prevent available, leathery hide, horrid form, and flesh of marble at least. But yeah, if he would have for instead of that abo he would be so much better. As it is, if your going for that big untitled !gangrel, you might as well play Enkidu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megabaja

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds