file Themistocles- How to use him?

06 May 2012 04:45 #29459 by brandonsantacruz
Has anyone used Themistocles?

Themistocles
AUS CEL FOR POT pre
Brujah
Capacity: 8
Group: 5
Camarilla: Themistocles may burn a location as a (D) action that costs 1 blood.

His ability is cool, but is there a deck that makes it worthwhile to feature him in significant quantities?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2012 04:55 #29460 by Kraus

Themistocles
AUS CEL FOR POT pre
Brujah
Capacity: 8
Group: 5
Camarilla: Themistocles may burn a location as a (D) action that costs 1 blood.

His ability is cool, but is there a deck that makes it worthwhile to feature him in significant quantities?

Well, playing him combatty with Count Germaine and Dmitra would be pretty obvious to me. Getting the guys and gals up should be doable with Minion Taps and Tastes of Vitae, and you could splash a few Voter Captivations while making friends with Dmitra's special.

The main thing here is Forced March. Sometimes a plain 1 Stealth is enough to get you through, and whacking pool generators is mighty fine. Multiact to tool up with Preternatural Strengths and Heroic Mights, and the rest should be obvious. I'd play these guys rather toolboxy.

Ousting with Fames, Dragonbound and Presence bleeds. It might work.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
06 May 2012 05:04 #29461 by Ohlmann
I agree with Claus. Note that Armin Brenmer work too and give you both votes and a useful special. With Iron Glare to boot you can do a deck that vote and bleed well, with multiact, stealth, and S:CE.

More
06 May 2012 05:15 #29462 by Azel
Huh, he works well with either Osebo or Ishtarri; even !Ventrue or HoS. Interesting. Whatever.

The built-in arson special is cool, but I don't think it's anything I would find worth building a deck around.

Well, what did you want to do with him? As an anarch, besides bounce/reduce and multiact and working 3-ways, he's all around solid support. He could be worth building a deck around because he could be a centerpiece for various different clans. For example, if you wanted to run a !Ven + Bru/!Bru anarch deck, well, here's your capstone guy.

I'm on a bleed reduction design trip currently, so here's what I currently notice: he can bleed reduce for 5 with 3 cards, Telepathic Counter, Friend of Mine, + Banner of Neutrality. Not that I'd recommend focusing on construction to overload on bleed reduce, but an interesting thing nonetheless. Yes, yes, "bounce is best" I know. But there's something to be said for reduction as it leaves you up and saves your bounces (if you have 'em) for the nastier bleeds.

Anyway, I'd run Gear Up for extra stealth and then at least Freak, Forced March -- possibly Flurry of Action -- and the more-than-obvious Diversion. Could be a fun anarch foundation for craziness.

More
06 May 2012 05:39 #29466 by Ashur

No, and I´ve seen him only once in Stockholm, in a AUS-FOR-wall. I like his ability though, as Parthenon, Monastery and Heidelberg are at every table around here.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
06 May 2012 07:31 #29474 by Juggernaut1981
Thermosticles has seen in my meta as a support for a Count Germaine Rush with Dmitra. They make a fairly powerful trio and with a good mix of rush and cards like Heart of the City, you can get some serious multi-smash. Slow your predator up, then focus forward and soften up any vampire that need a little :pot: loving...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds