file Themistocles- How to use him?

06 May 2012 07:44 - 06 May 2012 07:44 #29478 by Surreal
AUS makes him ok vampire. I don't see him with Dmitra because lack of votes and :pre:. There are much better options. But he works ok as support with many decks. The problem is that it is only ok not anything great. 8 pool for ok support is a bit too much.
Last edit: 06 May 2012 07:44 by Surreal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2012 10:30 #29511 by brandonsantacruz

AUS makes him ok vampire. I don't see him with Dmitra because lack of votes and :pre:. There are much better options. But he works ok as support with many decks. The problem is that it is only ok not anything great. 8 pool for ok support is a bit too much.

That basic presence is a deck design stumbling block for me, too. If I use some Enchant Kindred, he can't help bring out more guys. He would work as a second to Dmitra, I just hate to see his AUS go to waste. His ability with some perma bleed and forced march just begs to be used. Perma +str is good with his fortitude. Lots of potential for Disarm there. To that end, it is too bad he doesn't have DOM for Graverobbing. I'd say that Aura Reading would be a good way for him to cycle/draw into extra combat, but who else does that really work with?

Klaus Konrecht does have AUS CEL PRE for pot and a sweet title for 8 pool.

I've been thinking about how to use this guy, too:

Bulscu
AUS FOR dom pot pre
Ventrue
Capacity: 8
Group: 5
Camarilla: If you control the Edge, Bulscu can steal a location or an equipment in play that costs 3 or less pool or blood as a (D) action.

Being that they have similar specials and disciplines, maybe they could work together or something. The lack of celerity on Bulscu really doesn't help.

At this point the most reasonable thing to do with him is to group him with Dmitra, Count Germaine, and Armin Brenner I think. His special would help with reducing some bloat or vote locations, so that's at least somewhat practical. I'll see about writing up a deck for this guy.

Thanks for the help!

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
06 May 2012 10:41 #29515 by Ohlmann

Bulscu
AUS FOR dom pot pre
Ventrue
Camarilla: If you control the Edge, Bulscu can steal a location or an equipment in play that costs 3 or less pool or blood as a (D) action.

Well, he beg to have some sabbat !ventrue friend. I don't see it being paired with Themistocles, because they don't share that much discipline and have overlapping specials.

My main beef with this one is that for 8 he is very lackluster Themistocles at least have three superior discipline, and its special is more readily useable. Bulscu is not that far from making Darvag, Butcher of Rus look playable !

More
06 May 2012 10:57 #29516 by Suoli

Has anyone used Themistocles?

Themistocles
AUS CEL FOR POT pre
Brujah
Camarilla: Themistocles may burn a location as a (D) action that costs 1 blood.

His ability is cool, but is there a deck that makes it worthwhile to feature him in significant quantities?

For any good deck you could play him in, there's another vampire with similar disciplines that's either cheaper or has a special that is always relevant. His only unique contribution is to a cel/for/pot-multirush-wall-b&b with him, Klaus Konrecht and Madame Guil but that's not a good deck at all.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds