file Give the guys a break, mr. Saulot!

11 May 2012 13:35 - 11 May 2012 13:35 #30030 by Kraus
Hello!

I just needed to let off some steam quickly: Saulot is BA. Not as in a Bachelor of Humanities, more like in Awesomeness. In other words, BadAss. He's working on a doctorate in that right now, I heard.

I toyed a bit around with him and !Ventrue now that I got a fourth one, and was surprised by just how resilient he makes a deck. That deck was more or less for fun, though, and I tried Marionetting guys I taught Fortitude, bleeding with Daring the Dawns and Graverobbing them afterwards. Didn't work that well, to be honest.

Then I replaced those !Ventrues with Inner Circles and other fatties with Thaumaturgy and Obfuscate from G4-5, added stealth and Rutor's Hands, and took the guys and gals out to town. The first run was a huge success, even better than I imagined it to be. Granted, I was rather safe with two Kiasyd bleeders behind me (I wasn't really running out of pool or bounce), and I got to bleed a slow-building Baron deck, but eventually there was little anyone could do to me once stuff got geared up and others had worn eachother down sufficiently.

Dedicated combat's something that I'm afraid to face eventually, but let's see if I'll conjure some tricks against those.

I just wanted to share this ode to Saulot, probably my favourite vampire for the next three months.

Thank you all, and please feel invited to join this song for Saulot:

"Oh Saulot -
oh Saulot!
Thy special is so awesome..."

etc.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 11 May 2012 13:35 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2012 17:27 #30042 by protean
He is awesomeness with a great discipline spread too not to mention Renewed Vigor ridiculousness. We are not worthy :)

J

More
12 May 2012 04:02 #30060 by Kraus
So we aren't.

But now I'm wondering where my original post went? I can't find it anywhere, only your reply. This is rather weird.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
12 May 2012 04:09 #30061 by blackday
the guy deleted his own post?....strange..

More
12 May 2012 05:43 #30063 by Damnans

the guy deleted his own post?....strange..

No, he did not. This topic was moved to the Card Balance & Strategy Discussion forum, but somehow its first post got missing.

That has been fixed now.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
12 May 2012 10:54 #30068 by blackday
ah sorry, so there it is. Back to the original post, yes Saulot is great and resilient, but often the trouble is waiting for him to become ready as 11 cap is a lot to influence. I had some limited success with him as a combat machine using biothaumaturgic experiments, blood rage, apportation and telepathic trackings. Kinda heavy as biothaumaturgic experiment requires pool.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds