file what is better than, or similar to, flak jacket?

11 Aug 2012 08:28 #34571 by mirddes
what is better than, or similar to, flak jacket?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2012 08:41 #34572 by Kraus
People tell me that Well-Marked is pretty good.

vtes.pl/card/363686

Well-Marked
+1 stealth action. Requires a Laibon.
Put this card on this Laibon. If his or her capacity is 5 or more, he or she untaps. Once each combat, this Laibon may prevent 1 non-aggravated damage from the opponent's strike. A minion can have only one Well-Marked.

If you want something vanilla, I guess there's Kevlar Vest.

vtes.pl/card/341987

Kevlar Vest
Bearer may prevent 2 damage from gun strikes or 1 damage from any other source each combat. A minion may have only one Kevlar Vest.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
11 Aug 2012 12:30 #34578 by Ashur
There´s also that Toreador retainer.

Name: Resplendent Protector
[Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, CE:R]
Cardtype: Retainer
Clan: Toreador
Mortal with 1 life.
The minion with this retainer may prevent 1 damage each combat.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
11 Aug 2012 14:29 #34579 by Izaak
I think it's fair to say that Kevlar Vest is in all ways superior to Flak Jacket and that - outside of collection restrictions - there is absolutely no reason to ever put Flak Jacket in a deck again.

More
11 Aug 2012 15:35 - 11 Aug 2012 18:22 #34580 by porphyrion
Blood Shield (Osebo :oseb: ). both defense and offense in one. also prevents one damage each *round*.

Unique equipment. :oseb: :equipment: 2 :pool:
The minion with this equipment may prevent 1 damage from an opposing minion's strike each round. If used to prevent damage from a hand strike made by a vampire with capcity 6 or less, that vampire burns 2 blood.

Aabt Kindred, Ganhuru, Lodin, Alan-Jalav, Dimitri Borodin, ... all have some sort of prevention built-in. pretty sweet out of the box.

@ Kraus: well-marked rocks indeed imho (as long as you also have an Ivory Bow or noone does ;-)

'Ablative skin' is another possibility btw.

Of all these, i must say i much prefer 'Leather jacket' over anything else (except at times some of the built-in specials) because of the inherent untap. it also doesn't have the 'non-aggravated damage only' clause that Well-marked (Laibon only) has.
Last edit: 11 Aug 2012 18:22 by porphyrion.

More
11 Aug 2012 15:47 #34582 by brandonsantacruz

I think it's fair to say that Kevlar Vest is in all ways superior to Flak Jacket and that - outside of collection restrictions - there is absolutely no reason to ever put Flak Jacket in a deck again.

I disagree. If you want to stack prevent on one minion, or just to be able to cycle cards better, Flak Jacket belongs right along side your Kevlar Vest.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds