file Cryptic Rider - how do you use it best?

13 Aug 2012 09:08 #34621 by Ashur
What´s the best use you have for Cryptic Rider?

Cryptic Rider
Action Modifier
1 Blood
Only usable on a successful referendum.
The next referendum a vampire you control calls this turn passes automatically.

I´m foolin around with Anarch Revolt, but it´s not stable. Any great ideas?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2012 09:21 #34624 by Ohlmann
Pool-gaining vote are a lot easier to make pass ; ideally, something like Fanfare for Elyseum allow to bribe people to have your way.

My Kin Against the World or The Eldest Command Undeath, which are way too expensive to allow to fail, can be good automatic vote.

In any case, it's best not to use more than one or two, because once you have done that people will start to alway vote you down, no matter what you propose.

You may want to use it to double the effect of Awe, but Voter Cap is usually better, since it let you gain pool and allow you to play Awe more often, all the while without making everyone vote against you.

More
13 Aug 2012 09:29 #34626 by Boris The Blade
Stupid deck: weenie Malkavian, Anarch Revolt, Malkavian Rider Clause and Cryptic Rider. Someone burns a revolt and suddenly all your votes pass :laugh:

More
13 Aug 2012 13:31 - 13 Aug 2012 13:38 #34638 by Adonai
Start your turn with Dia De Los Muertos , then Cryptic Rider until your heart is content.

Alternately, play it after votes that other sects can't vote in, like Cardinal Benediction or any vote with Private Audience or Closed Session .

Trying to use Cryptic Rider based on trickery is bound to fail once you've pulled the trick off once, so using it when you can guarantee a passed vote to gain more votes is a good choice. If the vote happens to oust the critical swing votes that are preventing you from passing votes by yourself, that is also ideal.
Last edit: 13 Aug 2012 13:38 by Adonai.

More
13 Aug 2012 13:36 - 13 Aug 2012 13:37 #34640 by Pascal Bertrand
Other options than Private Audience / Closed Sessions / Dia de Los Muertos are cards such as Ventrue Headquarters / Feraille (but usually, Bewitching Oration is better), or guys like Quentin (the !Ventrue), Bruce de Guy, Michael Luther.

But, at the end of the day, if you're playing a vote deck with Cryptic Rider, and no sufficient standing votes, you're doomed - unless you can pull your trick in a single turn (quite difficult... you could try in some turbo deck)
Last edit: 13 Aug 2012 13:37 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
13 Aug 2012 13:39 #34641 by Ohlmann
Can you play Cryptic Rider on an automatically-passing vote ? My memory is that you can't, because there is no referendum, only the political action, but I may be wrong.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds