file Cryptic Rider - how do you use it best?

13 Aug 2012 13:41 #34642 by acbishop
You can play, cause Cryptic Rider only needs to be played after a succesful referendum, and one that passes automatically is indeed a succesful referendum

:vtes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2012 14:27 #34643 by Boris The Blade

Alternately, play it after votes that other sects can't vote in, like Cardinal Benediction or any vote with Private Audience or Closed Session .

Then why play Cryptic Rider at all instead of more Private Audience/Closed Session? The problem is the same for any kind of action modifier vote push: if you can play the trick that let you pass the first vote more than once per turn, then the deck will be more stable with more of that trick than with Cryptic Rider.

More
13 Aug 2012 14:47 #34645 by Pascal Bertrand
Unless you're only running a type of political action, that reasoning doesn't work.
Sometimes your prey is in favour of your ConBoon. Sometimes you get Anson's support on Rumors of Gehenna. In both cases, the other player can be playing the same sect (or even clan, when it comes to pooling from your ConBoon ), and PA / CS won't be as good if your other political action damages / annoys that player.

More
14 Aug 2012 02:18 #34661 by BenPeal
Best use I've found for Cryptic Rider is for protection against Delaying Tactics. Call some vote like a KRC for 2-and-2 or some vote that gives other people pool 'cause just about anyone will whore out for pool, Cryptic Rider it, then fire off your Death Star Revolutionary Council Vote for the oust.

At the NAC in Montreal, I called a Con Boon for Tremere to give people cross table a pool or two, Cryptic Rider'ed it, then called a Patsy to de-buff my prey's only Prince in his Nos 3rd-Trad Boon deck. \,,/
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
14 Aug 2012 04:01 #34662 by Dorrinal

At the NAC in Montreal, I called a Con Boon for Tremere to give people cross table a pool or two, Cryptic Rider'ed it, then called a Patsy to de-buff my prey's only Prince in his Nos 3rd-Trad Boon deck. \,,/

I'd have voted for it.

:trem:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM, Kude

More
16 Aug 2012 18:48 #34901 by TorranceCircle
I don't know if this is the best use - but you could call a vote, pass it, cryptic rider, then call Overseer. For example KRC + Cryptic Rider + Overseer.

You could have a bunch of magajii's (getting around Overseer's cardtext)to build a vote lock.

Overseer
Political Action
Requires a Laibon with a capacity above 4. Title.
In this referendum, each Guruhi gets one additional vote. Any votes any magaji cast in favor of this referendum are ignored. If this referendum passes, put this card on the acting Laibon to represent the Laibon title of magaji (worth 2 votes).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds