compress Legendary Vampire

26 Jan 2013 17:47 - 26 Jan 2013 17:50 #44458 by kombainas
Legendary Vampire was created by kombainas
Legendary Vampire

Master

[2 Pool]

Unique master.
Put this card on a vampire with a capacity above 6 who was moved into your ready region during your last influence phase. This vampire gets +2 bleed and an additional 2 votes. Any vampire may call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.

Lately I am adding 4 copies of Legendary Vampire into most of my decks sporting fat vamps with titles and able to fight well enough to discourage uneccessary violence, e.g. Hektor in here . At the moment, I am building similar Hardestadt -based deck where I add 4 copies of Legendary Vampire as well.

I wonder if I am overplaying this card, neglecting some inherent flaw to it, or just missing better alternatives/tricks. Could you share some thoughts on it and experiences playing with or against it?

Basic things I take care of unsuring good use of the "legendary" status are:
-add more than 1 copy, so my 1st/2nd vamp can become legendary, I usually go for 4;
-use it within fighty decks, as the effect itself makes the bearer the target since turn 1;
-make sure that my vamps are titled, or I could intercept the political action to remove it (e.g. Yawp Court);
-and ofc, legendary bleeds as often as possible :)))

So far (maybe 10 games) it was never removed and kicked ass with Hektor :whistle:

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2013 17:50 by kombainas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2013 19:51 #44462 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Legendary Vampire
Bleedy Inner Circle members don't want to push over Archon range, other bleeders probably can't defend it well enough.

Fighters probably shouldn't pay 2 pool, several card slots and a master phase action for something that doesn't directly support their main strategy. Exceptions like Anson+Guns may exist.

Voters love it, but only if they can easily discard extra copies. Legendary Vampire on Undele has always been a game defining play when I've done it.

More
27 Jan 2013 09:55 - 27 Jan 2013 09:56 #44471 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Legendary Vampire
I tried it and I don't like it. Bottom line, it has an awkward timing, costs 2 pool and, most crucially, is unique, meaning you're wasting a lot of master/card slots if you have multiple copies (which you need, again because of its timing window).

I guess it is quite nice in Nosferatu vote and similar decks, that can't bleed very well nor have lots of transient vote options, but generally, I stay away from that card.
Last edit: 27 Jan 2013 09:56 by Kiddo.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds