file Canadian Coordinator and Canadian princes

07 Jun 2019 00:31 #95289 by ghost
Hey there, Wes Weston from Toronto here. Formerly prince of Windsor, Ontario, and long ago quite involved with the V:tES usenet forum, tourney scene in Detroit and Toronto, writing clan newsletters and strategy articles, and of course I was quite involved with JOL (I started the JOL league, and ran the yearly online tournaments there).

I think I've probably met and played with many of you over the years.

With the revival of the game under Black Chantry, we've had a resurgence of interest in the game here in Toronto and neighbouring Hamilton, and it was suggested to me that we should probably take a look at the roles of Princes in this area, in the interest of promoting the game locally, and also figuring out someone to be the national coordinator, since Canada for some reason does not have one, and it seems to us that it would be useful if we did.

I would like to therefore humbly ask if fellow Canadians will allow me to step into this role. Should anyone else be interested, of course, I am happy to put it to a vote.

Should no one raise any objections over the next week or so, I will start to make arrangements.

Cheers,
Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Lönkka, self biased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2019 12:59 #95303 by CrazyCatTim
I'm a total noob to the game (well, I guess I've been playing for basically a year, as I learned at Origins '18), and Wes has been instrumental in maintaining our playgroup in Southern Ontario. This is my vote of support for Wes as coordinator.

More
22 Jun 2019 22:12 #95572 by ghost
Thank you, Tim.

Well, looks like there are no objections at this time, so I will start to make arrangements for this. I have some ideas that I think people will like.

More
24 Jun 2019 06:10 #95585 by Cat_in_Exile
We had the same topic come up recently here in Vancouver.

Technically, as the National Coordinator of the US (and therefore North America), Ben Peal is the person to contact, but IIRC we got it sorted out by contacting Gines.

More
24 Jun 2019 15:41 #95595 by Damnans
Wes has been appointed National Coordinator for Canada.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, KzArashi, self biased

More
27 Aug 2019 17:21 #96591 by chedcan
Congrats on your appointment Wes!

I am now located in Toronto and have tried getting the game back into gear using Hairy Tarantula as home base.

So far we've had little success as we're just a handful of player (just enough to get a game going if we all show up).

I'd be happy to show up, play, help out, give/trade/sell cards etc in Toronto and the extended GTA.

I also have established an envious position in VTES card stock (talking BIG numbers here) so if you need a base for easy access to old cards ask me and I'll send you the Excel inventory file.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds