file Uriel makes friends in the Harbingers of Skulls

13 Feb 2011 17:44 #1360 by Adonai
Deck Name : Uriel makes friends in the Harbingers of Skulls
Author : Adonai
Description :
Uriel's special ability (opponent plays with an open hand during combat) is very conducive to understanding your opponents and how to defeat them. Mordechai Ben-Nun and Neighbor John were born to play together. Lilith's Blessing allows the bolting on of out-of-clan disciplines, like Animalism, though all of the vampires in this crypt have it at least at inferior (for Cats' Guidance) except for Neighbor John.

1. How do you intend to oust?

Ousting my opponents via Smiling Jack and 5 minions bleeding for one....

2. How do you intend to keep from being ousted?

Auspex and Animalism intercept combat.

3. What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?

Mordechai and Uriel first, then the others as pool allows.

4. What do you want your average turn to look like?

Uriel should bleed and be unblocked, as his special is one that causes players to freeze up. Mordechai or one of the others will tool up with permanent intercept or permanent combat equipment. Everything else should take place on others' turns, blocking and toporizing whenever possible.

5. What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?

My metagame is quite varied. My opponents are as likely to be playing Masika/Francois/Anneke or other Jyhad vampires as they are to be playing Lambach/Eye of Hazimel/Legion.

6. What problems have you observed with the deck in play?

Haven't played it yet. I've had trouble recently with having plenty of intercept against directed actions and being unable to block votes at 2 stealth. The permanent intercept in this deck will help to prevent that from reoccurring.

See also:
www.thelasombra.com/walldecks.htm

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 8 average: 7.33333
3x Mordechai Ben-Nun 8 ANI AUS FOR NEC Harbinger:5
3x Uriel 8 AUS FOR VAL ani obe bishop !Salubri:4
2x Randall 8 ANI AUS FOR PRO 1 vote Gangrel:4
2x Babalawo Alafin 7 AUS FOR NEC ani Harbinger:4
2x Neighbor John 5 AUS dom for !Ventrue:4

Library [90 cards]
Action [2]
2x Abbot

Combat [28]
6x Carrion Crows
4x Pulled Fangs
6x Skin of Rock
5x Target Vitals
2x Taste of Vitae
5x Telepathic Tracking

Equipment [8]
3x .44 Magnum
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Flak Jacket
1x Kevlar Vest
1x Light Intensifying Goggles
1x Sport Bike

Master [23]
4x Animalism
2x Blood Doll
1x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
2x Guardian Angel
3x Lilith's Blessing
1x Parthenon, The
2x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1x Tension in the Ranks
5x Villein
1x Wider View

Reaction [26]
3x Cats' Guidance
4x Enhanced Senses
4x Eyes of Argus
3x My Enemy's Enemy
4x On the Qui Vive
4x Sense the Savage Way
4x Telepathic Misdirection

Retainer [3]
1x Mr. Winthrop
2x Raven Spy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2011 17:58 - 14 Feb 2011 17:59 #1452 by Kushiel
Superior Animalism doesn't seem very important here, so I'd ditch Randall for Solomon Batanea. Doing so might give you enough laibon guys in the crypt to use their two Powerbases, both of which could be useful here.

One copy of Wider View out of 90 cards isn't too likely to be useful. Seeing how little use you really have for superior Animalism here, I'd drop the ANI skillcards for more Wider View and/or Pentex and/or intercept locations.

Skin of Rock should be Resilience.

With all the permanent damage prevention, one .44 could usefully be a second Goggles.

A second Kevlar Vest would be better than the Flak Jacket - you're unlikely to draw them both, and unlikely to need to stack them on one vampire.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2011 17:59 by Kushiel.

More
15 Feb 2011 21:40 #1577 by Haze
no reason not to have an Army of Rats

I feel like the Skin of Rock would better serve you as Indomitability or Hidden Strength.

If Smiling Jack comes up too late, you might have trouble putting enough pressure on your prey, especially if they don't take any undirected actions. you're almost guaranteed to block your predator, but it's a gamble to ever get in combat with your prey. for this reason, Fame and Tension might sit around not helping you at all. 8-cap vampires really need something better to do than bleed for 1. you either need some camera phones, rushes, or eagles sights.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds