file Nana/Nangila Ani/Pot Rush

20 Feb 2011 18:05 - 20 Feb 2011 18:36 #1765 by Joscha
I would like to get some comments regarding this deck.

First of all the questions:

1. How do you intend to oust?

Ousting mechanism is hitting a famed minion into torpor, follow up with bleeds. Tension in the Ranks, Leadership Vacuum and Ancestor Spirit for add. damage. I especially count on Monster. It's my first deck with that archetype and I'm curious if it is as valuable as I hope.

2. How do you intend to keep from being ousted?

Rush backwards. With the help of Monster rush more often to keep pred. in check.

3. What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?

With the help of Villeins it is possible to get up to four minions out, later more. Usually these are Nana, Nangila, Fish and hopefully Mateusz.

4. What do you want your average turn to look like?

Rush, untap, bleed. Combat is Drawing out the Beast (not necessarily), Torn Signpost or Carrion Crows (sometimes both), Immo Grapple, press, Taste of Vitae.

5. What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?

That is hard to predict nowadays. My mates mostly play bigger caps. But there are midcap bleeders and blockers, ally decks, big cap political. Often they play at least some combat.

6. What problems have you observed with the deck in play?

Its performance is good. It faces problems vs. low cap agg. dam. Big cap agg. you hit hard enough that it hurts. Weapons could be problematic too. But Drawing out the Beast is great for such circumstances. It has problems with crosstable political damage and allies, as it cannot get blood back from them with Taste of Vitae.

Deck Name: Black Fist
Created By: Joscha Düll
Description: ANI/POT with Laibon

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 22, Max: 35, Avg: 7,41)
2 Fish pre ANI POT 5 Guruhi
1 Fode Kourouma ani aus pre POT 5 Guruhi
1 Maskini abo ANI POT PRE SER 7 Guruhi
2 Mateusz Gryzbowsky ANI OBF POT 8 Nosferatu Antitribu
3 Nana Buruku ANI POT PRE 8 Guruhi
3 Nangila Were obf ser ANI POT PRE 9 Guruhi rush special

Library: (75 cards)

Master (21 cards)
1 Tension in the Ranks
4 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Information Highway
6 Villein
2 Fame
3 Monster
1 Leadership Vacuum
1 Ancestor Spirit
1 Giant`s Blood
1 Powerbase: Luanda

Action (18 cards)
5 Deep Song
1 Ambush
2 Bum`s Rush
2 Sense Death
4 Founders of the Ebony Kingdom
2 Preternatural Strength
1 Well-Marked
1 Harass

Reaction (3 cards)
3 Sense the Savage Way (great to block with a tapped vampire, torporize and untap again through Monster. That way you get the maximum out of your vampire, in theory at least).

Combat (33 cards)
7 Taste of Vitae
8 Immortal Grapple
4 Drawing Out the Beast (depends of the metagame, maybe some more)
8 Torn Signpost
1 Target Vitals
5 Carrion Crows

There are so many good cards you could add. Mbare Market, K'duvas Mask, a Anarch Revolt module and so on. But I'm afraid those cards hinder the cardflow and let me sit there without combat cards in hand.

Another option for Villein + Monster + ANI/POT could be !Nosferatu rush plus Nosferatu Kingdom to stay alive, maybe with Enkidu for backup. That would deny the insanely strong Founders of the Ebony Kingdom and the Powerbase Luanda but would give me the possibility of stealth on the rushes.

I'm looking forward to your comments :) .

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 20 Feb 2011 18:36 by Joscha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2011 20:45 #1773 by Juggernaut1981
I'm surprised I don't see some :ani:-intercept retainers like Raptors & Ravens. I'd be leaning towards the Raptors since it leeches cards (so if they're trying to horde combat defence and cards for their next turn... something's got to give).

I'd also lean more on the Sense Death and Deep Songs. Sense Death purely because it is one of the few Stealth Rushes. At the moment, you've got issues delivering your combat payload to the target.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
21 Feb 2011 17:41 - 21 Feb 2011 17:41 #1793 by Joscha

I'm surprised I don't see some :ani:-intercept retainers like Raptors & Ravens. I'd be leaning towards the Raptors since it leeches cards (so if they're trying to horde combat defence and cards for their next turn... something's got to give).

I'd also lean more on the Sense Death and Deep Songs. Sense Death purely because it is one of the few Stealth Rushes. At the moment, you've got issues delivering your combat payload to the target.

Every equip-, employ- or recruitaction may hinder the cardflow of combat-cards. It sucks hard if you played your Drawing, Torn and Carrion Crows just to find a Raven Spy instead of your needed Immortal Grapple or Taste of Vitae. In addition I don't have many spareactions because of the little defense. You have to rush to be save, and your rush has to count. So I only took Well-Marked, as it lets the vampire untap after playing it. With Monster maybe there are some more actions possible. Hm.

Sense Death is a good card. But you have to be careful in relying too much on it. You can only rush younger vampires. That could be your oust if you're facing Inner Circles or often played chaps as Cybele, Dmitra, Unmada and friends. Although you are very right in pointing out, that it is the only stealthed rush in the deck. Stealth on the rush is mighty indeed. Though if I get my (loved) Tension in the Ranks, every blocker cost at least 1 pool. And with Carrion Crows or Immortal Grapple I even get pesty Carltons (but not Ponticulus or sth. sigh).

I think Raptors doesn't fit into the deck because I try to get the blood from the vamps with Villein and often they're rather on low blood unless I was lucky in playing a Taste of Vitae after a good smack. Moreover I'm not convinced in playing just a few of Raptors, as one or two just gives the opponent a free use of The Barrens and let him cycle his more useless cards.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 21 Feb 2011 17:41 by Joscha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds