file Tzimisce gr2-3 wall : Burn after reading

03 Jan 2012 14:16 - 03 Jan 2012 14:18 #19783 by Ankha
Deck Name : Burn after reading
Author : Ankha
Description :

How do you intend to oust?
Mainly by protecting the Smiling Jack and/or Constant Revolution to the death. Occasionally bleeding for 1.
The goal is not only to catch the minions coming by, but also to burn them using aggravated damage.

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
Deflecting the bleed and blocking+burning the minions.

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
3 vampires, with an additional Ghoul, a Corpse Balloon, and maybe an Abbot.

What do you want your average turn to look like?
Staying untapped to protect the Smiling Jack, but occasionally equipping or recruiting.

What problems have you observed with the deck in play?
I haven't played it yet, but i'm not sure at all of the wakes/intercept/combat proportions. Need help there

I guess I could put a Milicent Smith or two in the deck, as well as a Scourge of the Enochians and a Fear of Mekhet ("burn! burn! burn!") Rötschreck and DI would fit in too.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 10 average: 5.58333
3x Anarch Convert (1)Caitiff(group 0)
2x Kazimir Savostin (7):AUS: :VIC: :ani: :pot:Tzimisce(group 3)
2x Caliban (6):ANI: :AUS: :VIC:Tzimisce(group 2)
2x Corine Marcón (6):AUS: :VIC: :ani:Tzimisce(group 2)
1x Lambach (10):ANI: :AUS: :DOM: :VIC: :pre:cardinalTzimisce(group 2)
1x Meshenka (8):ANI: :AUS: :VIC:priscusTzimisce(group 2)
1x Sascha Vykos, The Angel of Caine Adv (8):AUS: :THA: :VIC: :ani: :dom:archbishopTzimisce(group 2)

Library [90 cards]

Action [8]
2x Abbot
3x Constant Revolution
1x Eternal Vigilance
2x Nose of the Hound

Ally [4]
2x Asanbonsam Ghoul
2x Underbridge Stray

Combat [33]
5x Aura Reading
3x Breath of the Dragon
3x Carrion Crows
8x Chiropteran Marauder
6x Horrid Form
4x Inner Essence
4x Telepathic Tracking

Equipment [1]
1x Bowl of Convergence

Master [15]
1x Erciyes Fragments, The
1x Fragment of the Book of Nod
1x Path of Metamorphosis, The
2x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
3x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
4x Villein
1x Yawp Court

Reaction [26]
2x Eagle's Sight
3x Enhanced Senses
4x Eyes of Argus
4x Forced Awakening
3x My Enemy's Enemy
2x On the Qui Vive
1x Precognition
4x Read the Winds
3x Telepathic Misdirection

Retainer [3]
3x Corpse Balloon

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 14:18 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 14:43 #19784 by Ohlmann
Why telepathic tracking instead of Rotschrek ? Both serve the same purpose and Rotschrek tend to have the job better done. Because of too many master already ?

Are you sure for the Path of Metamorphosis with only 9 card to gain from ? While you can defend it, you won't do too much with it.

If the goal is to do aggravated damage, why so "few" breath of dragon and so many Horrid Form ?

Given the indiscriminate nature of the damage dealing card, shouldn't Telepathic Misdirection be a lot better than My ennemy's ennemy ?

With this list, I would fear to kill everyone on the table except my prey, since it will be the least pressured player of the table. I would somehow try to find space for Fiendish Tongue and Changelin to put a little pressure on my prey.

More
03 Jan 2012 15:14 - 03 Jan 2012 15:16 #19785 by Lucas Halton
vekn.net/index.php/forum/9-event-reports-and-twd/11754-twd-games-of-instinct-bonn-germany-09-oct-2011#11754

This one gets the job done very good.

With a few changes in the Master section and by adding Anarch Converts and Caliban this should work out the way you wanted it to.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 15:16 by Lucas Halton.

More
03 Jan 2012 15:34 #19786 by Ankha

Why telepathic tracking instead of Rotschrek ? Both serve the same purpose and Rotschrek tend to have the job better done. Because of too many master already ?

To get the vampires burnt. Rötschreck would leave them "unharmed".

Are you sure for the Path of Metamorphosis with only 9 card to gain from ? While you can defend it, you won't do too much with it.

True.

If the goal is to do aggravated damage, why so "few" breath of dragon and so many Horrid Form ?

Chiroptean Marauder. Horrid + Carrion + Chiroptean can burn some vampires. Plus Horrid Form gives some prevent against aggravated especially.

Given the indiscriminate nature of the damage dealing card, shouldn't Telepathic Misdirection be a lot better than My ennemy's ennemy ?

I fear that the deck is very blood consuming (hencefor the Path of Metamorphosis). MEE is free, and I don't really care sending the bleed back somewhere else, due to the chaos factor implied by the Smiling Jack.

With this list, I would fear to kill everyone on the table except my prey, since it will be the least pressured player of the table. I would somehow try to find space for Fiendish Tongue and Changelin to put a little pressure on my prey.

It's always a risk with Smiling Jack. That's where skill may be needed so everything works fine.

Prince of Paris, France

More
03 Jan 2012 16:04 #19792 by Ohlmann

Chiroptean Marauder. Horrid + Carrion + Chiroptean can burn some vampires. Plus Horrid Form gives some prevent against aggravated especially.

I may suggest then to look at Body Arsenal, especially if you keep Path of Meta and Inner Essence. With a blood cost reduction (either the path, inner Essence, or some vampires) you can play it for the same price as a Chiroptean, and the cumulable +1 strength make you more likely to burn a vampire.

It's still a card a tad too costly for its effect. But if you want to burn people, it may be worth considering. Maybe 2-3 so that people fear burning even at 3 blood ?

It's always a risk with Smiling Jack. That's where skill may be needed so everything works fine.

I understand skill help, but if your prey bloat more than anyone else I don't exactly see how you will kill it, especially since you can't pressure it specifically. An unnamed / enkil cog setting for example seem pretty unbeatable without heavy table help.

More
03 Jan 2012 16:16 #19794 by Ankha

I may suggest then to look at Body Arsenal, especially if you keep Path of Meta and Inner Essence. With a blood cost reduction (either the path, inner Essence, or some vampires) you can play it for the same price as a Chiroptean, and the cumulable +1 strength make you more likely to burn a vampire.

It's still a card a tad too costly for its effect. But if you want to burn people, it may be worth considering. Maybe 2-3 so that people fear burning even at 3 blood ?

It costs too much and doesn't provide the flexibility of Chiroptean. I wanted to play Target Vitals originally, but haven't the slots (for 2+2+2 aggravated)

I understand skill help, but if your prey bloat more than anyone else I don't exactly see how you will kill it, especially since you can't pressure it specifically. An unnamed / enkil cog setting for example seem pretty unbeatable without heavy table help.

I guess that blocking the Unnamed when it gets its Homunculus is the way to go...

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds