question-circle Dual Gangrel Antitribu Starter Decks

05 Jan 2012 01:37 #19930 by Adonai

Would you guys suggest playing a 2 player game with my gf using this deck and one she would be interested in to get the initial feel for not only the deck but the game itself.

Two player games leave a lot of the interaction out of the game unless you ensure that there is very little stealth and a lot of similarity in the deck styles. If the other deck also had a lot of combat and actions at no stealth, then yes, it would be good. If the other deck is 2 Malkavian Antitribu starters then you would be quickly hate the game because you can only interact with the other player on your turn and none of the interaction of the game is available.

Again thanks for all your help, this is exactly what i am interested in. When you say play the blood dolls on the youngest vampire in my crypt do you mean to use blood doll to quickly put them into the ready region without having to use as many transfers? and then ill be ablke to take some of the blood back to put on the larger vampires in my crypt??

The transfers go up each turn, from 1 to 4. So, if you go second and you have Denette/Jesus in your opening crypt, use both of your transfers to bring that vampire into play. (This will mostly end your turn.)

On your next turn, in the master phase, play a Blood Doll, if you have one in hand, on that vampire. You can immediately move 1 blood from that vampire to your pool, and you should do so. Now, that vampire has only cost you one pool. As that vampire's action, it should hunt. Transfer 4 pool onto your next vampire, and either bring them out if they are small, or manage your transfer to get a second vampire in the third turn. At the start of the third turn, your vampire will again have two blood, so you will take one with the Blood Doll. Now, you have a free 2 capacity vampire. Continue that Hunt/Remove cycle until there is a better action for that 2 capacity free vampire to take. This 'better action' is likely to be to bleed your prey, or to rescue a vampire from torpor. If you put a second Blood Doll on the same vampire, you could remove 2 blood to your pool each turn, if you have a way to get 2 blood back. (Hungry Coyote is commonly used from this.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 01:44 #19931 by muushupork
now i understand.

More
05 Jan 2012 02:05 #19933 by TorranceCircle
There are decks based entirely around this, sometimes its called "blood farming". Some cards also let you gain extra blood beyond the standard 1 blood gained for hunting.

In Adonai's deck, if you put a blood doll on a smaller vampire with protean you may be able to do this at will all game if other players are worried about losing a vampire to aggravated damage from your claws of the dead.

More
05 Jan 2012 02:21 - 05 Jan 2012 02:22 #19937 by Boris The Blade

When you say play the blood dolls on the youngest vampire in my crypt do you mean to use blood doll to quickly put them into the ready region without having to use as many transfers?

It does not work like that: as a general rule, uncontrolled cards cannot be targeted. You have to wait for your vampire to be influenced before you can play Blood Doll on him.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2012 02:22 by Boris The Blade.

More
05 Jan 2012 05:23 #19943 by muushupork

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds