file I will Sleep When I am Dead - !Tremere Eternal Vigilance Grinder

09 Jan 2012 19:41 #20390 by Dorrinal

Any space for 2x Revelations to go with your Lunge strategy?

The deck has a lot of actions already. Any suggestions on what to remove and why?

:trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2012 00:06 #20422 by Pullen
Anarch Troublemaker is better then Misdirection IMHO

Also a few Murmur of the False Will could be good, say drop 1 My Enemy's Enemy and 1 TM for them, might make up for the Treats instead of Conditioning in games with slow or non-aggressive pred's

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
10 Jan 2012 06:37 - 10 Jan 2012 06:41 #20446 by Lucas Halton
Have you thought about Rutors Hand? I know it costs you 4 blood, but helps you cycle the actions. Or maybe one Mylan for the extra untap.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2012 06:41 by Lucas Halton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
10 Jan 2012 15:22 #20473 by Dorrinal
Pullen: I agree but I do not use Anarch Troublemaker in decks that abuse Magic of the Smith. I will consider a non-equipment version.

Lucas Halton: Mylan Horseed is a great suggestion.

More
10 Jan 2012 15:28 #20474 by ICL

Deck Name : I Will Sleep When I Am Dead
Author : John McGlynn
Description :
Tremere antitribu grinder. Polly Kay Fisher and Ladislas Toth lead the crypt by getting Abbot, Eternal Vigilance, and paying for all the untap with Theft of Vitae. Use Misdirection or Pentex Subversion and lunge for the oust!

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 9 average: 6.83333
3x Polly Kay Fisher (8):AUS: :DOM: :THA: :for: :pot:archbishopVentrue antitribu(g4)
3x Ladislas Toth, The Torch (7):AUS: :DOM: :THA: :for:archbishopTremere antitribu(g3)
2x Frondator (5):AUS: :dom: :tha:bishopTremere antitribu(g4)
1x Malgorzata (9):AUS: :DOM: :THA: :VIC: :pre:priscusTremere antitribu(g4)
1x Marino Reymundo Vasquez (9):AUS: :DOM: :NEC: :THA: :ani:archbishopTremere antitribu(g3)
1x Selena (6):AUS: :DOM: :THA:Tremere antitribu(g3)
1x Martin Franckel (3):AUS: :tha:Tremere(g3)

In few cases do I care what someone calls a deck. I'm all for fanciful names, names that have no connection to what the deck does, or whatever. However, occasionally, a deck archetype exists or arises that has enough definition that it becomes confusing when the nickname gets appropriated for other decks.

Why call this a grinder? It's a completely straightforward !Tremere deck with the exception of Eternal Vigilance. So, if I were to explain the deck to anyone, whether the person knows about !Ventrue grinder or Ventrue grinder decks, I'd just call it "!Trem Eternal Vigilance".

Now, if the deck were full of Rego Motus and relied on Weighting Walking Sticks with or without Theft, I can see the basis for putting grinder in the title.

In terms of the contents, I see it being too slow. Until you get EV, you are wake weak. I'm not seeing a particular reason to eschew Dreams and Info Highway.

Sure, once you get Governing online, things speed up immensely, assuming they don't get blocked - being blocked is also an issue with EV as your defensive abilities drop immensely without it. Might want to add Seduction.

Though, I want to make it slower, at least cryptwise, by getting rid of Martin for Carna. Extra Frondator, who does little in the deck, could be another Carna or Yasmin or whoever. Wider View cleans up the crypt duplication.

Then, the combat is inflexible. The advantage of WWSs in grinder decks is that they are a one card answer to either three combats or smacking someone around in one combat. You don't reliably press, so even one combat may see no more than a couple lost blood, and that's hardly any guarantee. Agg takes your guys out, barring some sort of timely Kevlar action, unlike the damage prevention heavy grinder decks. If the idea is to really play like a grinder deck rather than the typical Thaumaturgy combat deck, I'd be inclined to have more combat permanents and Rego Motus.

Of course, such changes require finding slots to remove. I'd remove a third to half of the Thefts with more permanent combat and probably at least two Apportations. Antediluvian Awakening and Misdirection can go. Other choices would probably fall into the "I don't want to take this out, but I need to to get to 80" sort.

More
10 Jan 2012 16:37 #20482 by Dorrinal
This deck uses my Carna wall as a template: www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/7-deck-clinic/565-evil-eye-tremere-grinder?limit=10&start=30#9667
It was inspired by the !Ventrue grinder and plays similarly. Obviously :THA: goes about it in a different manner.

I am considering adding more wakes and either removing the 9-caps or adding Dreams of the Sphinx and Information Highway. Thanks for the feedback.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds