file Petaniqua's legion of werewolves

06 Mar 2011 10:59 #2126 by Damnans
Deck Name: Petaniqua's legion of werewolves
Author: Damnans
Description:

1. How do you intend to oust?
I usually oust with Dragonbound and bleed actions. The Shatter the Gate and Constant Revolution approaches are secondary ways to weaken your opponents. The Sargon Fragment will help you retrieve from your ash heap any Shatter the Gate or any other card you may need.

2. How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
Main defense: bleed bounce cards.
Secondary defenses: (1) Permanent intercept via The Unmasking, Carlton van Wyk, High-Top; (2) Having my werewolves attack dangerous minions.

3. What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
Merged anarch Petaniqua with Charisma, Infamous Insurgent, the Heart of Nizchetus and the Kaymakli Fragment, an Obfuscate :obf: weenie (for removing Pentex Subversion on Petaniqua or to take any other appropriate actions), lots of werewolves and, eventually, Jacob Fermor (so that your werewolves can bleed).

4. What do you want your average turn to look like?
Petaniqua uses the Kaymakli Fragment to move 3 blood from the blood bank to an uncontrolled vampire, untaps via Infamous Insurgent, and then recruits an ally.
I leave most werewolves untapped for defense, and I may also have one or two attack a given minion.

5. What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
My metagame is very diverse. Wall decks, rush decks, stealth and bleed decks, political decks...
My opponents tend to be unmerciful with me :)

6. What problems have you observed with the deck in play?
You need some time to set up, until you get multi-action enablers on Petaniqua, the Kaymakli Fragment for pool gain, the Unmasking and several werewolf allies.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 9 average: 5.16667

4x Anarch Convert 1 Caitiff:0
2x Petaniqua 9 :AUS: :DAI: :DEM: :OBF: :THA: :chi: Malkavian:4
3x Petaniqua Adv 9 :AUS: :DAI: :DEM: :OBF: :THA: :chi: Baali:4
1x Jacob Fermor 5 :PRO: :ani: :tha: Gangrel:4
1x Florentina Lengaue 4 :OBF: :aus: Malkavian:4
1x Roger Farnsworth 4 :OBF: :aus: !Malkavian:3

Library [80 cards]

Action :action: [13]
1x Constant Revolution
4x Magic of the Smith
1x Restructure
1x Rutor's Hand
3x Shatter the Gate
2x Sheepdog
1x Unleash Hell's Fury

Action Modifier :modifier: [11]
3x Faceless Night
3x Forgotten Labyrinth
5x Lost in Crowds

Action Modifier :modifier: /Combat :combat: [4]
4x Swallowed by the Night

Ally :ally: [9]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x High Top
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
1x Ohoyo Hopoksia (Bastet)
1x Ossian
1x Remnant of the Endless Storm
2x Renegade Garou
1x Vagabond Mystic

Combat :combat: [3]
3x Target Vitals

Equipment :equipment: [4]
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Ivory Bow
1x Kaymakli Fragment
1x Sargon Fragment, The

Event :event: [5]
1x Dragonbound
1x FBI Special Affairs Division
3x Unmasking, The

Master [17]
1x Barrens, The
2x Charisma
2x Direct Intervention
1x Failsafe
1x Giant's Blood
3x Infamous Insurgent
1x Information Highway
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
3x Vessel
1x Wider View

Reaction :reaction: [14]
2x Eyes of Argus
2x My Enemy's Enemy
3x On the Qui Vive
5x Telepathic Misdirection
2x Wake with Evening's Freshness

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2011 21:55 - 06 Mar 2011 21:55 #2154 by Dr.Mafrune
Nice deck !!!!

I liked the concept so much, that I have written a version of the deck.
I have attempted to improve several aspects of your deck. It pretended to be reduced to 70, but I only managed to 76.
I was thinking that the deck has to include some perma-intercept, some combat protection ( Weres don´t like to be striked at the vitals !!!), an alternative bloating module to rack/,montreal ( A little miserable... 3 blood dolls + Aaron/Perfectionist, but I don´t think it´s a good idea that the rest of the players pay any attention until you put second shatter on the table) and more Shatter the Gates ( mainly to stay true to the concept!!!).

¿ How do you find it ?

Deck Name : Wolves at the Gates (beta1)
Author : Dr.Mafrune
Description :

Library [76 cards]

Action [13]
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
3x Magic of the Smith
1x Restructure
1x Rutor´s Hand
5x Shatter the Gate
1x Sheepdog
1x Unleash Hell's Fury

Action Modifier [10]
2x Faceless Night
3x Forgotten Labyrinth
5x Lost in Crowds

Action Modifier / Reaction [1]
1x Touch of Clarity

Action Modifier/Combat [3]
3x Swallowed by the Night

Ally [8]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x Harzomatuili
1x High Top
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
1x Ossian
1x Remnant of the Endless Storm
1x Renegade Garou
1x Vagabond Mystic

Combat [9]
5x Glancing Blow
2x Target Vitals
2x Weighted Walking Stick

Equipment [4]
1x Helicopter
1x Kaymakli Fragment
1x Sargon Fragment, The
1x Aaron´s Feeding Razor

Event [3]
1x Dragonbound
2x Unmasking, The

Master [15]
3x Blood Doll
1x Charisma
1x Direct Intervention
1x Failsafe
1x Fortschritt Library
1x Giant's Blood
1x Infamous Insurgent
1x KRCG News Radio
3x Villein
1x Wider View
1x Perfectionist

Reaction [10]
2x My Enemy's Enemy
3x On the Qui Vive
4x Telepathic Misdirection
1x Eyes of Argus

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sun Mar 06 22:46:11 2011]

:TEM::AUS::DEM:
Last edit: 06 Mar 2011 21:55 by Dr.Mafrune.

More
07 Mar 2011 11:49 #2170 by finbury
I've thought about this type of Petaniqua deck, but in the end it's tough to justify. I mean, when you count the untap cost, merged Peta is only as good at making Renegade Garou as your average Gangrel - and she costs 10 pool and 14 transfers! If you manage to get both Infamous Insurgent and Charisma on her, she's 1 pool better per werewolf than a Gangrel with Charisma... but that's a lot of setup, especially considering you're piling it onto a Red List minion.

Kaymakli Fragment gives you a nice amount of bloat, but putting it onto a Red List minion is really risky. If your predator has even a scattering of stealth, he or she should mark Peta as soon as the Fragment hits play and send anyone to collect it. Your wolves max out at 1 intercept, 2 for High Top, and the Red List rush is already at +1 stealth; having Petaniqua block with her AUS just saves the rushing vampire some blood. Even a S&B deck can swipe the Fragment, given how little combat defense you have.

She can pick up a large variety of werewolves, which might be useful, but besides Ossian and the Renegades, are any of them really worth it? The Remnant is extremely expensive, Harzomatuili's not quite as good a deal as a Renegade, Ohoyo can't rush, and High Top is really not that great without a weapon or celerity in your deck.

Your deck also wants Peta to merge. You should end up with one version of her in your ready region right away, but getting both different versions in your top 5 or 6 crypt draws isn't going to happen all the time. (The chance of seeing both in your starting crypt is 195/495, or less than 40% - ie, things will suck for you 60% of the time.) The math on merging isn't quite as brutal for decks that can use the merge abilities later, like a deck that uses combat or vote specials, but an ally deck needs to be summoning allies as soon as its minions hit the table, so you can't afford to wait for the cost reduction to kick in or for the ability to summon all of your werewolves to show up. Converts help, but they take a turn to run, slowing you down even further. As a minimum, I'd go to 3/3 or 2/4.

I think for this to work well, it should be tighter. You are so reliant on a few unique cards that you should be focusing in more on those. I know that trimming to 60 isn't fun, but in this case it's really vital, because you can't afford to have your hand jam on the duplicates! I'd remove all of the cards that can be stolen or burned as a D action - your deck really doesn't do intercept, so they're likely to do you more harm than good in the end. (Remember, The Rack and Powerbase Montreal can only be stolen back by vampires, and yours will likely be busy.) The only one I'd consider keeping is the Fragment, but you should be aware that you should be discarding it at many tables. I'd bring all of the uniques down to 1 or 2 copies, trim the reactions to around 10, and ditch Magic of the Smith, Constant Revolution, and the Remnant. That's 15 less cards; you'll have to trim the last 5 yourself.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds